CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

Everything has been going smoothly as planned.

Abdulrahim father along with his two of his uncles and his father’s childhood friend Dr Auwal came.

Also Abdulrahim himself. Yusuf was suppose to come with them but he was still on honeymoon.

Everything was finalized and the two families got to know each other.
Abdulrahim had already told his father all about Laura’s past.

After everything was formalized Inna came to join them in the sitting room they where all sitting in.

As tradition demands she let the men do all the talking first before she came out.

All of them greeted her as a sign of respect because she was much older than them.

“Since everything has been formalized and the two families have come to an agreement please I want to ask for a favor from everybody and I will be very happy if it will be granted” she said.

Abdulrahim’s uncle was the first to speak. “Inna you are already giving us your granddaughter so we will grant anything you want”

“Yes Inna you agreeing to give us you granddaughter for our son has given you the right to ask for any favour” Dr Auwal seconded and everybody else agreed.

“It may be sudden to everybody but I want it to be like that” she sighed and continue.

“I want Abdulrahim and Laura wedding knot to be tied today”

Everybody was surprised about Inna’s request.

Abdulrahim himself was surprise but he was happy because he couldn’t wait for Laura to be his wife.

He prayed his father agrees to it.

Abdulrahim’s father was the first to speak after a long silence.

“Inna I am very happy with this decision you have taken and I agree to it. We could not have asked for a better time. And thank you for trusting us with your granddaughter. But I have a request too”

“Go ahead” Inna urged him.

“I have this good friend and he is an Imam he was the one that officiated all my daughters wedding.
I will be very glad if you will allow him to officiate this wedding too. I will just call him and he will be here I less than an hour” he said.

“Call him let him come and officiate the wedding it is good by me” Inna smiled.

He excused himself to go outside and make the call.

And Inna went back inside to tell Laura that her wedding Nikkah will happen today.

Everybody was surprised at the turn of event.

Abdulrahim was happy he was going to be a married man.

He discreetly chatted with his wife to be who was in her room.

They both could not hide their joy that they are finally getting married today.

Laura could not help but think how her life will change in an hour from now.

She was very nervous about being married but she was still happy that she is marrying the love of her life.

Abdulrahim’s dad called his wife after he called the Imam and told her what was happening.

She was very happy too and wanted to start calling family and friends to tell them but her husband stopped her and told her she could only tell them after the Nikkah was done.

An hour later the Imam arrived.

The sum of one hundred thousand was
given to the brides family by the grooms as the bride price,

Yaya babangida collected it and he will give Laura later after the Nikkah because it is her right.

The wedding knot was tied not long after. Everybody was happy and surprised about the turn of events.

Abdulrahim hugged his father.
He could not contain his happiness he kept smiling.

His father noticed that.
and he knew he did the right thing by allowing the knot to be tied today because this is the happiest he have ever seen his son,

Not even when he graduated college as top of his class.

Abdulrahim excused himself and went to the mosque close to the house to pray and thank Allah.

Laura too was overjoyed when Yaya babangida came in to give her the bride price.

All the nervousness she felt before vanished. She married her dream man she couldn’t thank Allah enough.

She perform ablution and prayed two rakkat prayer to Allah to thank too.

Inna was happy that finally she got her only family left married.

She was happy she married Laura off to a man she knew will love and cherish her.

Even if she die today she know her Laura is in good hands.

When Abdulrahim and his family memebers with the Imam that tied the knot where ready to leave.

Inna decided to see the guest off and discuss with them when they will come take Laura.

She never knew she will get one of the greatest shock of her life.

Immediately she got to the sitting room where everybody else was.

She recognized the Imam as someone who look like her long lost brother.

“Rasheedu is that you” she ask not sure if he is the one.

The Imam was surprised to hear that name. He have not been called that name in a very long.

People all call him Imam Abdulrasheed.

“Yes ?” he asked not sure who this woman is that called him.

“Rasheedu its me Laure your sister don’t you recognize” she asked him timidly.

“Yaya Laure” he whispered quietly scared maybe she will disappear.

Inna nodded her head.
He came forward and touched her hands just to be sure.

“Its really you Yaya Laure. Its you” he said still shocked.