CHAPTER SIXTEEN

“Good job Miss Umar, let me show you to your office before the boss comes in’
I just finished arranging Mr richee rich’s breakfast on the small table in his office. I made Beans cake and kunun gyada for him. I hope he likes it. What am I saying, I don’t care if he doesn’t like it.

He showed me to a small office a little far from his desk and more closer to the bosses office. It is a simple room with no decoration except the desk. 
‘Sorry its small, it used to be a storage room until yesterday when we cleared it out you can decorate it if you wish” Ibrahim explained.
‘its nice thank you’
‘Do you have a laptop you will be using for work’ he asked me.
“No I don’t have but maybe I can save up and buy one if its important’
“that will not be necessary, there is one in the drawer in that desk” he gestured to the desk.
“and also its already setup with whatever you will need to work with”
He explained all the work I will be doing.
He left me to settle in before the boss Mr Muhammad comes in.

Oh my it’s a MacBook pro and Ibrahim was right everything had been setup.
Who would have taught I Laura Umar Madaki a girl from a small village will work in the leading construction company in the country.
And that to as the CEO’s personal assistant.Speaking about the CEO, I did not see him today even when he came in he did not ask for me as I expected.
Rather he have just been sending me emails to go to different floors to get some document for him. And I should give them to Ibrahim.
On every floor I go people give me weird look and if I ask for the document he ask me to get, the person will have to call Ibrahim first to confirm, even with my tag which indicate’ me as the CEO’s PA around my neck.

I was very glad when Ibrahim told me I don’t have to make lunch.
Who would have taught my first day at work will be this stressful. I am so tired. I never knew running from one floor to another and proof reading some document Mr richee rich emailed to me will be this exhausting.

“Laura the boss said you can leave for the day’ Ibrahim  told me while standing by the door.
I took my bag and was ready to bolt to the door.
Ibrahim laughed.
‘See you tomorrow Ibrahim’.
I have been working here at the company for two weeks now and not even once have I seen Mr richee rich. He only send task he wants me to do through email. Ibrahim has been so helpful he show me things I don’t understand.
‘Uhm Ibrahim are you sure we are not working for a ghost”
‘Haba Laura Mr Muhammad has just been busy that’s why he doesn’t come out from his office”.
“That man Is really a workaholic that is why he is trying to finish me with work”
Ibrahim laughed again.
We are currently sitting In the kitchen on our floor. I made sandwich for lunch for Ibrahim and I. Mr richee have never asked me to make lunch for him so its only breakfast cook for him.
I tried going to the cafeteria once on my second day at work and I did not like the look people over there gave me. So I stick to lunch here on our floor.
Today Ibrahim decided to join me for lunch.

I have been standing at by the Mr richee rich’s office door for almost five minutes now but I am too nervous to go in.
I came back from lunch to see an email sent to by him to come to his office its was sent almost an hour ago. I was so shocked.
I finally found to the courage to knock on the door and he told me to come in.
He did not look up from the work he was doing when I came in.
I am seeing him for the first time in three weeks and gosh he is just looking hot and handsome in a three pieces suit. His tie is loose around his neck and he looked stressed.