CHAPTER ELEVEN

Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim readers.

Laura’s POV:

‘Our bride smile now why are you trying to spoil this picture for us’ I told Hafsa who has been crying ever since we brought her to her husbands house. She only gave me the sting eyes and said ‘when the time comes for you to leave Inna and Anty sa’a I will see if you will not cry.
She continued the crying even after I and some of our friends tried to console her. I later told them she would eventually stop crying if her husband gets here.
Sadiya one of our friend came into the room quickly and told us the groom and his friend are here. Before you know it Hafsa stopped cry wiped her tears and retouched her makeup using a compact make up. Surprisingly I do not know where that compact powder came from. It seems she had it with her all along.
. Some off our friends where already laughing claiming as if she was not the one crying some moments ago. I was not surprised because I know Hafsa can change her mood in seconds.
She looked at me smiling and winked before adjusting her veil to cover her face before the groom and his friends entered the room.
Alhamdulilah my friend is now married I wish her all the best in her marital life.

Her wedding was fixed for after our final exams. And we took months planning the wedding before the day finally came. Inna allowed me come for the wedding all the way to Suleja.
One of the grooms men voluntierd to bring me back from the wedding. He tried asking for my number but I declined because I know what he wants. And I am not ready for any relationship I want to find a job so I can give my grandmother a better life.

Three months ago we finished our final exams. And have collected our certificate and result. I have tried applying for a teaching job in some schools but they have rejected me some say they will get back to me.
Who would have thought I Lauratu the village girl will one day further my education not to think of finishing it. Only if umma was alive today she would have been very happy I know.

Somewhere else in Abuja

Third person POV:

‘So you mean I came to work this early morning just to tell me you have not finished the work you should have finished yesterday,’ he asked the man sitting before him while trying to control his anger.
‘I am really sorry sir I will have it done immediately I had some family emergency to settle’ Mr Ajayi begged him with fear in his voice.
He closed his eyes while trying to control his anger before opening them again. ‘Mr Ajayi you have until now to noon to finish that work or else you’re fired now leave my office’ he told him camly.
Mr Ajayi quickly left his bosses office.
The boss picked his phone and dialed a number, the person on the order side spoke first after it ranged.
‘I think rain will fall with ice today since Abdulrahim decided to call me this early’
The boss laughed ‘haba anty walida is that what you will say’
‘yes now when was the last time you called me not to talk of this early in the morning’
‘uhm anty I need your help’
‘dama I know now Ummi’s abdulrahim will not call me this early except if Ummi is not around.’
‘Anty please I want to eat masa and miyan taushe this morning and Ummi is not around to make it for me’ he pleaded.
‘Abdulrahim you and your love for masa’
‘please anty walida help your hungry brother’ he whined
‘you are very lucky then I made masa and miyan taushe this morning I will give the driver to bring it to you’.
‘thank you anty walida you are the best’
She laughed ‘you are at work right he will be there in an hour’
She hanged up the call

‘Bashiru please come take this food to my brother he is at work, you know the place right?’ Anty walida said passing the basket containing the food warmers to him.
‘ hajia I know oga abdulrahim’s office ai, I have once taken you there before’ Bashiru the driver replied her.
‘yawwa please be fast about it he is waiting for you’.

bashiru did not drive for long before the car started developing problem he decided to take the car to their mechanic in Garki village from there he will take a taxi to deliver the food.
After he parked the car at the mechanic workshop he opened the trunk where he kept the food and brought it out. As he was about to turn he missed his step and fell down with the basket and all the food in the warmers spilled on the flour.
‘Subhanallahi he exclaimed while trying to stand up and looking at the food which was all mixed with the sand on the flour.
The mechanic helped him park the now dirty food warmers on the flour into the basket.
‘I am in trouble this food belong to oga Abdulrahim hajia younger brother how do I explain that the food spilled on the ground’. He explained to the mechanic guy.
The mechanic guy kept quiet for a while before he said ‘ I have a suggestion if you don’t mind’
Bashiru signaled him to continue ‘there is this woman that sells waina close by and it is very good, why don’t you buy from there and pour it into the food warmers nobody will know.
Bashiru took his advice and ask for the direction of the place. When he got there he met an old woman frying waina and two young ladies helping her.
Bashiru greeted the old woman and told her he wants to buy waina but they have to wash the food warmers for him before it should be added in it.
She just smiled and called one of the young ladies helping her ‘ lauratu please wash this food warmers and sell waina for him in it’
Laura collected the basket from him and served the waina in the food warmers after washing it.
When she was putting the warmers back in the basket she mistakenly put her flask containing kunun gyada in it.
She gave the man.
It was after he left she noticed that she added her kunun gyada flask  was missing, she told Inna and inna told her maybe she just kept it somewhere.