CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

"I still don't know why you insist you don't want a bridal shower party and cocktail party for the wedding" Hafsa complained.
"Laura you should have agreed for atleast five events at the wedding I would have sucked Yaya Abdul account dry. We would have collected money for things we will not even need" Bilkisu abdulrahim' sister added too.
"You know Laura since we are not having a bridal shower I suggest maybe we should have a spa day or what do you think" Rafia suggested
Saleema was the first to agree "Yes also we can have a feast after that with a lots of ice cream" she rubbed her pregnant belly.
Everybody gave her a look.
"What I am pregnant and my husband will not allow me take ice cream saying its not good for the baby and Ummi supported him too. I see this as an opportunity with no one to stop me" she pouted.
"Saleema we are getting the Ice cream and what ever everybody wants but first the bride has to agree to the fun day first". Maryam spoke this time around.
All of them turned to look at me giving pleading look.
"Fine we ladies we are going to do what you want" I agreed
Immediately chorus of joy was shouted.
"I am going to book us into the spa for this weekend" Rafia said.

This women my bridesmaid are very convincing.
Bilkisu called me to come to the fashion house where my bridal clothes are been made. Also their bridesmaid dresses are been made there.
I was with Maryam who came to visit me so we decided to come together so she can get measured too for her dress.
Maryam is Baba's daughter.
And I met all of them here including Hafsa and Rafia.
I think it was planned by them.
Because after the measuring and fitting of our dress Saleema claimed she was hungry so she dragged us to a pizza place close by.
And now they have convinced me into ladies day out which is a subtle way of saying bridal shower that I rejected before.
I never had much friends so.
I made two of Abdulrahim younger sisters. Salima and bilkisu who have been in Abuja for a week now and will leave after the wedding.
Rafia included and Maryam.
And of course my best friend Hafsa.
If only I was still in contact with my childhood best friend Aisha she would have been among them.

THIRD PERSON POV:
Few days to the wedding Hajiya Abdulrahim's grandmother came for the wedding too.
Which came as a shock to everybody when she told them she was coming for the wedding.
She have never came to any of her grandchildren's wedding.
She always blamed herself for an incidents that happened many years ago at Ummi's wedding.
Ever since then she stopped going to any wedding not even when her grandchildren where getting married.
Her late husband tried to convince her many times but she always felt it was fault.
Ummi and her elder brother Baffa Dahir her children too tried to talk to her but she still felt it was her fault.

Immediately Abdulrahim heard of his grandmother arrival he came to see her after work and Yusuf tagged along.
He met everybody in the sitting room downstairs.
There is still a week to the wedding so guest have not start arriving for the wedding.
So its just all his sisters, his parent and cousin Saifullahi who came with Hajiya from Kano
"You know Hajiya I never knew you are this jealous of my wife until you came. Don't worry you will always be my first love" Abdulrahim teased his grandmother while hugging her.
"Dan Bera Why will I be jealous of her she should be jealous of me because I am her husband's first love" She called him the name she use to call him when he was a boy to tease him.
He hates that name and she knows so she usually calls him that to tease him.
Everybody in the room laughed at the name she called him.
"Haba Hajiya we agreed you will not call me that name again" he whined.
"But you started it first. You should have seen me in my youth I was very beautiful" Hajiya said.
"Speaking about youth Hajiya you should see Abdulrahim's bride Laura she looks like you" Anty Rabia said.
"Yes Anty Rabia I have noticed how they look alike too since from the first time I saw her too" Yusuf added.
Abdulrahim quick;y said "No way, my wife is more beautiful than Hajiya".

Hearing what they said about Laura looking like her made Hajiya immediately gave Ummi a questioning look.
Ummi shook her head at her mother. She knew why her mother gave her that look.
But Laura is not the one. She was surprised when she first saw her too.
She had to hire a private investigator to dig into Laura's past without anybody knowing except her husband.
The man went as far as going to the village they came from but nothing was found related to what she wants.
That was why her and her husband agreed to Abdulrahim marrying Laura after he told them about her past because they knew she was saying the truth.