CHAPTER TEN

Today I just pray I am not late for my lectures I woke up and my roommates been the sweethearts they are did not wake me up, note the sarcasm.
When I got to the hall everywhere was filled up but thank god the lecturer have not arrived yet. I try to look for where to sit but it seems like every sit has been occupied.
I saw a girl wearing a hijab waving me over indicating a seat close to her. I quickly go to her. She picked a book on the seat beside her and gestured for me to sit down.
‘thank you I thought I would stand for the lecture’. I smiled at her.
‘no problem I am glad I could help’ she replied while smiling too.
‘I just hope you did not keep that for somebody else’ I asked her.
‘nope I always do that when I come to lectures early and later invite anybody I see in distress to come sit’ she said nonchalantly.
‘oh my god are you serious’ I said laughing.
She laughed too and before she could say anything the lecturer walked in.

After the lecturer left I turned to her while parking my books into my bag.
‘my name is Laura Umar Madaki’
‘and my name is Hafsa Abubakar’ she said while stretching her hand for a handshake.
‘Hafsa can we be friends because I would need somebody to keep sit for me anytime I am late again.’ I Said while teasing her.
‘Miss Laura are you trying to become my friend so I would be keeping sit for you’ she played along too.
‘yes can you blame me I want to have a sit anytime I over sleep again’
‘Then if that it is then I would like to be your friend but only if you will explain todays lecture because I did not understand what he was saying and it seems you understand’ she laughed.
We head out of the lecture hall together going to our next lecture. Finally after been in this school for one month it seems I just made my first friend and somebody with the same course combination with me maths\computer.

*************************************
‘I am telling you some people are not even ashamed imagine that old man old enough to be my grandfather telling me lets go to the hotel. To do what? I don’t even know o!’ said Hafsa angrily.
‘you know what you are going to do in the hotel ai you should have followed him’ I teased
‘ Wallahi don’t make me divert this anger on you, just imagine with his yellow dirty teeth telling me we would not take long in the hotel’ she continued ranting again.
We are currently in my room eating and Hafsa has been ranting about this man who stopped her on her way back to the hostel and ask her to follow him to his hotel room in exchange for money. Can you imagine. Some people are just something else.
‘Hafsy ya isa [its ok] just stop talking about this man it seems maybe that is what he do come into the school and try to look for loose girls who would do anything for money’ I told her
‘your right, may Allah show him the right path’ she sighed.
‘ I know I am always right’ I teased
‘ don’t feel yourself to much o!’ she said while standing up.
‘And young lady get up we need to go for that tutorial that is happening tonight’ she said to me.
‘Ok old woman’ I replied her.

Our exams is starting next months and we have been reading and attending different tutorials. Hafsa Is just the best friend anyone can wish for. Even Inna and Anty sa’a like her though they have not met before but have spoken severally on the phone together. But she promised we would go visit together if Anty sa’a gives birth.

‘ Finally we will be finishing our exams next week I can’t wait to be home’ said Hafsa.
I laughed ‘see you just say you are already tired of seeing my beautiful face’.  She laughed too ‘definitely I will miss my beautiful friend’
We are currently on our way back to the hostel from the exam hall. The examination was tough but Alhamdulilah we read very well for it.
I cant wait to be back home. I have really missed everyone at home.
Ya babangida came to visit me twice. He also gave me some money and inna also gave him some foodstuffs to bring for me.

Hey lovely readers please bear with me this chapter is very short. Insha Allah the next chapter will be much longer. Thanks