CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Laura POV:

I knew I made a fool of myself on Saturday night.
That is why I ignored his calls on Sunday.

Maybe he was pranking me by telling me he loved me.

Laura how could you be such a fool to think a rich and handsome man like Abdulrahim who many beautiful ladies from rich homes all want to be their man love a plain and nobody like me.

I don’t have money to my name. I don’t belong to any influential family.

To top it all the only real family member I have is my grandmother.

I cannot even say I have a father anymore. I am very sure he would have disowned me after we ran away.

It is I alone against everything.

I went to Hafsa’s house yesterday.

I promised to come visit before she puts to birth and her due date is next week.

Hafsa kept asking why I was not picking my phone when it kept ringing.

I told her everything that happened.

She advised me to hear him out but I told her I don’t want to make a fool of myself again.

All I had to do now was try to suppress my feelings for him.

When I got out of the elevator at my office floor.

I saw Abdulrahim pacing up and down and talking to himself.
He did not even notice me.

How can I not fall inlove with this man when everyday he dress to kill for. Even now he is wearing his signature three piece Armani suit fitted nicely on his body.
He looks just like a model out of a magazine.

I love this man and I cannot even help it.

“Laura when did you get here” he asked me after noticing me.

“I just got here and why are you at work early”

“Look Laura before you say anything I want to tell you that I ment everything I said on Saturday and I am sorry for not calling you that night I knew you were expecting my call but something came up”
he explained why he couldn’t call me on Saturday and Sunday morning.

I felt so ashamed I should have just answered his calls.

and Inna did not even tell me he came visiting yesterday.

“You could have texted me” I said.

“I am sorry for that too” he apologized.

“Did you mean all you said on Saturday night” I asked.

“Yes my love. I meant every single word I said, I love you and I cannot imagine a life without you.
You are the most amazing woman I have ever met. You add more color to my life, you make me smile even without saying anything”

“Laura say something” he said. I was too stunned to speak

“I don’t know what to say. I thought on Saturday when I said yes to marrying you I was just been stupid, I should have asked for time to go think about it like a shy African lady.
.
And when you did not call me that night and the next morning I just thought maybe you where joking".

How did I get lucky, how did I land a handsome rich and amazing guy like you to tell me he loves me.

I am a daughter of nobody who cannot even go back to her root because she is scared of what will happen if she does.

How can I not love this handsome man who have not only stolen my heart but also my grandmother’s.

“I love you Abdulrahim. I love you. And I will want to be your wife”.

ABDULRAHIM POV:
I cannot stop looking at Laura,

even now that she is busy sorting some files in the cabinet I keep important files in my office.

She is so focused on what she is doing. How did I get this lucky to land such an awesome woman as mine.

We have been dating for almost a month and it has been nothing but total bliss.

I took her to visit my parents as she promised.

Ummi couldn’t contain her joy.

She kept stuffing her with food she cooked specially for her.

Abba patted my back and told me I choose the right woman when we were about to leave.

My sisters were also happy when they knew.

Anty Rabia my eldest sister couldn’t wait to come back to Nigeria so she could meet her.

“Sir do you approve to the design” someone spoke my computer.

I got carried away looking at my woman that I forgot I was on a zoom meeting.

“Yes. Just sort out everything over there before you guys come back.
And also if there are to be some changes I will let you know”

I told them before ending the meeting.

“Abdul were you carried away during a meeting again, you have been doing this often” Laura teased me.

“What can I do when I have this gorgeous beautiful woman who distract me”

I smiled sheepishly.

“Mr Muhammad then I will stop coming into your office anytime you are on a zoom meeting since I distract you”
she teased back.

“no baby I meant to say you motivate me” I said quickly.

She laughed it off. And took her bag which was on my desk before walking out.

I picked my laptop too and followed her.

Today is Saturday and I had some work to do so she volunteered to come help me.

The zoom meeting was the last thing left for me to do.

And now I am taking her home.

I have been wanting to talk to her that my people wants to come and meet her people for formal introduction about our wedding.

Any time I try to ask her about her parents she changes the topic.

And the day I took her to my parents I saw the longing look she gave Ummi and when everyone was not watching her I saw her wipe a tear from her eyes.

We are already outside her house so I parked the car before turning to her.

“Laura i want us to discuss about something serious” I told her.

She sensed it was something very serious because I called her name. 

The last time I called her name was the day she confessed her love for me at her office.
She told me to go on.

“I spoke with Abba yesterday about my people coming to see yours to ask for your hand in marriage,

so I want to ask you were will they be going to or are they going to come here at Inna’s place because you have never mentioned anything about your parents or where they live.”

I sensed her change in mood immediately I spoke.

She kept quite for a long time before she spoke.

“I don’t have parents.”

“What do you mean are they dead” I asked her.

“My mother left me without saying good bye, I did not even see her for the last time

and my father I don’t know if he still consider me as a daughter apparently Inna is the only family I have”

“I don’t understand what you mean babe” I was very confused.

“You deserve to know everything about me since we are getting married.
After I tell you everything today you might not want to marry me again because of my past”
she sighed.