CHAPTER THREE

Mama insisted I wait for lunch before I leave for home but I told her I could not wait because I had to cook at home and anty will be angry if she did not find me at home if she wakes up. Mama understood me but my friend Aisha been aisha was like I don’t have to go back to that house I should move to Innas house.
I tried to explain to her that umma will not be happy if she regains her sanity and find out that I am not in my fathers house. Aisha just replied ‘Allah Laura I still believe that witch has something to do with Umma illness’
I sighed and said ‘tell me what I don’t know again, I just want to get married and leave that house for them and its seems it will not happen anytime soon’.
Aisha wiped the tears that ran down my face before saying ‘don’t worry insha Allah you will leave that house soon and the men in this village are just fools to not see the beauty inside and outside of this angel called my friend’
I smiled and said ‘ kai Aisha you and your teasing koh’. Aisha then said ‘I am very serious that is why I named my child after you so she can grow up to be a Quran hafiza a beautiful rear gem just like you and don’t worry one day you will meet your prince the man made just for you’
My eyes moisten with tears and said ‘ toh Mrs yusuf and you will be there for me right to take me to my husband house right’   Aisha then said while trying to hide her tears ‘ Insha Allah I will be there for you’.  I don’t know how a normal conversation turned into an emotional one and even how we just started crying together. Aisha does this to me she sees beyond my fake smiles she knows I am broken and I just miss my mother I miss when it was only us with my father. She knows I am just trying to be strong for Inna sake that old woman has seen enough tragedy to last her a life time.
We continued crying together for while until mama came into the room and met us crying ‘Laura I taught you have already left before I went into the toilet just to come out to met you both crying’ she sat down and started consoling us both until we stopped crying. She advice us to always turn to Allah with our problems not cry over them. After sometime I bade them goodbye leaving the house with things she brought also Aisha telling me she will be leaving tomorrow . I promised her I will be calling her with Innas phone.
When I got home I was about to enter our house when I almost collided with Salisu Danger coming out of the house I quickly jumped to the side. Salisu Danger stopped and gave me a sinister smile which made me shiver with fear before leaving without saying any word again. I had a feeling something bad is going to happen with that smile he gave me.
When I entered the house I met anty sitting on a chair sitting by the door to her room she just gave me another smile without asking where I am coming from or complain I did not cook lunch for her.
And this just confirmed my suspicion that they are plotting something bad. I just went into my room.

Today I woke up feeling something bad is about to happen to me but I don’t know what it was. I just prayed about it and I know Allah will make everything easy for me. It has been one week since Aisha left for sokoto. And my father came back yesterday evening.
I was sweeping the compound when my father came out of his room and something surprising happened.my father called my name for the first time in two years, he always refer to me as ke.
I immediately dropped my broom and went to meet him where he was standind while greeting him ‘ Abba good morning how was your trip’
He did not reply my greeting but stated talking ‘Yawwa while I was away your anty told me that somebody came to ask for your hand in marriage and I have accepted’
I was very surprised because I don’t remember anybody meeting me to ask for my hand in marriage so I asked ‘ Abba did you say marriage?’
Abba answered and said ‘ yes and the marriage is happening in one month time’ that was all he said before walking out of the house .
I was very confused because nobody showed interest in marrying me in our village. The only person that can give me answers apart from Abba is anty and I know she would not even look at me not to think of her answering my questions.
My second option is Inna I know she can go and ask Abba who is the husband of mine that I will be marrying in one month.