CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

“I will not be here if you had picked your call” I replied him and looked around the sitting room I was standing in.

The house looks messy just like his office looked on Monday. But thank god no broken glasses.

“Look woman leave my house I don’t want you in my house” he told me but I ignored him and sat on one of the couch.

“I don’t want to be in your house too but I had no choice when your friend called me to come check up on you”

“And who told Yusuf he needed to check up on me. that idiot needs to stay out of my business. And he had to send you of all people. Everybody needs to leave me alone” he glared.

Is this man serious. I had to cut my beauty sleep just to be here.

“Abdulrahim you should be happy you have a friend who love you and will always be there.
Just because a woman out there broke your heart that is why you are trying to be a shadow of yourself.
That woman where ever she is have moved on why can you too not do that. You have not been at work for some days now, do you know how many meetings that have been rescheduled and canceled. You should be grateful. You never know what people out there pass every day to survive, and here you are misusing your privilege.
Do you know how many people depend on you for their salary . Do you know how many clients we are about to lose all because of you,
You parents will be very disappointed in you if you make there hardwork of many years go down the drain just because you decided to be a fool
I have been in worst situation than you are in now but I never stopped pushing because I know Allah is there for me. Why don’t you put him first and see how everything turns out and stop been bitter because someone is worried about you”

I picked my bag after pouring my heart out.
I got to the door “ And you should call Yusuf he doesn’t deserve to be called names most especially by you”

I walked out.
I may have said too much but I pray he change back to his old self.

I called Yusuf back and told him Abdulrahim’s phone was on silent and he was sleeping.
I know I lied but I did not want Yusuf to get more worried.

……………………………………………………………………………………

To my greatest shock on Monday I met Mr Muhammad in my office. He was leaning on my desk sipping what I assume is coffee from a cup.

He looked different from the way he looked on Saturday. He looked vibrant and refreshed.

“Miss Umar you are…..” he looked at his watch “10 minutes late”.

“Sir I did not k…….” I tried to explain and he cut me off.
“Meet me in my office in 5 minutes, we have a lot to do”

“But sir I have to make your breakfast”

“It can wait” he said and walked out.
It seems my old boss is back. I smiled to myself.

“I want you to try to reschedule another meeting with the minister of work.

I want you to get me the Amber Mine file from the marketing department.

You should also book a hotel for the Australian partners that will be coming in three days also arrange somebody that will get them from the airport.

Tell our shareholders that we won't be making a counter proposal on the Gateway Estate project and I want the agreement on my table by tomorrow.

Send a birthday cake to my sisters place in Maitama today is her daughter Suhaila birthday.

Contact the Nar…………………………………………”

For over an hour I have been receiving orders of what to do. I can say my note pad is almost full, and this man is not ready to stop.

I was praying for my old boss to come back and he is here now barking orders to me non-stop.

When I came in he offered me a seat to sit but I declined. Thirty minutes later when I got tired of standing I sat down.

He just smirked and gave me the I told you look before he continued what he was saying.

“Miss Umar are you listening to me.” he snapped me out of my day dream.

“Yes Sir” I replied.

“Good that will be all for now”

“Ok sir” I continued sitting down.

“Miss Umar I said that will be all you can go” he raised an eyebrow and smirked.

“Oh” I blushed. Laura why are you blushing I asked myself.
I have always like men who can raise one eyebrow perfectly its cool.

Laura snap out of it this is your arrogant boss don’t forget,I mentally slapped myself.

I turn the door knob, “Miss Umar” he called me.
“Thank you” he said and gave me a full blown smile.

I hurried out while blushing. Laura stop blushing I scolded myself.

Come in I answered to the knock on my door.

My boss came in holding a bag with a BluCabana Restaurant and Café logo on it.

“I hope you have not had lunch yet” he asked  me.

“No sir I wanted to finish this work first” I gestured to my laptop.

“Good thing I decided to bring you lunch from my meeting at the restaurant” he passed the bag to me.

I checked the takeaway bag after he left. He got me cheese burger and Oreo milk shake.

This is the sixth time in a month that he is getting me lunch. He go as far as ordering it to my office.

What’s more surprising is he stopped me from cooking for him and he will continue to pay me normal salary.

I then suggested that I will be going to his place every Tuesday to make food for the week for him. So every Tuesday I close from work early.