CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

“Yusuf where are we” I asked while looking around.

“This is my Inna’s place” he stated

We are currently in Kubwa area.
He parked by a house, we got down and he knocked on the gate.

A boy opened the door,

“Uncle Yusuf” the boy exclaimed.

“hey Ameer why are you home at this time” he asked the boy.

The boy locked back the gate after we got in.

“We are currently on holiday at the Tahfiz {Islamic school} and Inna is in she has been cooking all morning she even stopped me from playing in her side today because you are coming”
he said before running off.

Yusuf laughed. “ Lets go in” he motioned while going to what I think is the boys quarters of the house.

Where are we. I know Yusuf does not have any relative with the name Inna and it seems he is acquainted with the people of this house.

We entered a sitting room and we sat down.

He called out
“Where is my beautiful Inna I came to spend the whole day with you. My love”

An old woman came out from one of the rooms carrying a tray with a jug and cups on it.

“I am not falling for your tricks today Yusuf after the last time you came here I had you calling Rafia your love”

He stood up to collect the tray she was carrying, he kept it. “Haba Inna you are my only true love and you know that” he smiled.

“Tell me that the next time you come with Rafia” she retorted.

Who is this woman or is she related to Rafia his fiancée I asked myself.

“Young man how are you” she asked me calmly now.

I squatted to greet her as a form of respect good afternoon mama”
“How are you , also call me Inna” she said.

I replied her. “Inna his name is Abdulrahim my friend” Yusuf said.

Before you know it I started chatting with Inna as if I had known her for long, she has this calm aura around her.

A girl came inside she went to sit by Innas side, she then greeted us “ Uncle Yusuf where is my gift you promised, I came first in my class” she asked Yusuf.

“Ameera your gift is in the car I will get it for you before leaving” he told her.

“Ameera please get me the food warmers in the kitchen and bring some plates and spoons too, since your anty is not available to help me” Inna told her.

“Inna I have been wanting to ask, where is she” Yusuf asked referring to the said anty.

Ameera answered before going into the kitchen, “She and mommy are applying henna”

“Inna this food is delicious” Yusuf said after we finished eating.

“Yes Inna its delicious thank you” I added.

“You are both welcome” she smiled.
She said while going outside and told us she will be back.

I was drinking water when I had a voice which made me choked.

“Inna look at my Henna” I heard the voice say from outside.

I heard Inna say “Laura it looks beautiful, I was going to call you Yusuf has been asking for you and they will be leaving soon”

Is this the Laura I know, my PA. that is outside, are we in Laura’s house.

I should have asked Ibrahim the Address of the house I told him buy then for Laura’s family.

I gave Yusuf a questioning look and he just shrugged.

I was right it’s Laura I could smell her perfume from the door she was coming through.

“Groom to be when will you stop coming to our house to………………..”
that was when she noticed me sitting beside Yusuf

“Sirr.. yoo.. ou are heeeeere” she finished.

“Yes Laura I am here Yusuf brought me here to eat Burabisko, I did not know this is your house, is Inna your grandmother”

I asked her and she nodded still too shocked to say anything.

“ I can see where you learnt to make delicious meals from and also call me Abdulrahim if we are outside work” I winked and she blushed.

“Am I missing something” Yusuf asked while looking at us suspiciously.

“No and how is Rafia” Laura asked

“Speaking about her, she gave me your asoebi for the wedding its in the car outside” he told her.

“Abdulrahim can you stop giving me that look and just ask your questions”

Yusuf told me after we got home, by home I mean my place.

“When did you start going to Laura’s house and how did you even know where she lives, how did you know her family members, how did they know about Rafia and have she been there too, finally why am I knowing you have been going to Laura’s house today”. I asked him angrily.

“When you traveled to Spain, she gave me the address, I met them at their house, I told Rafia about her the first time I met her and she liked her and asked for her contact, yes Rafia and I went there two weeks ago, finally I don’t owe you an explanation” he answered back in the way I asked him.

“ that is my PA , my employee we are talking about so you owe me a damn explanation” I spoke harshly
“I don’t have to tell you everything I do either with your employee or anybody. So stop acting like a grumpy old fool who thinks he has to know every single thing” I retorted

I feel betrayed somehow that my best friend have been going to my PA’s house for sometime now and he never told me,

If I didn’t know better I will say maybe there is something going on between them but its not true.

For some reasons unknown to me I feel I should be the one close to Laura’s family members not Yusuf.

Yusuf broke the silence first “ Look man I am sorry I did not tell you when I started visiting them, and I am sorry for hiding it from you but I could not stop visiting them after the first time and today you saw the reason because they are awesome people”

“I am sorry too for reacting that way, you don’t owe me an explanation”

I apologized. I shouldn’t have over reacted.

“No I owe you an explanation, that’s your PA not mine and I am sorry for that but I am not sorry for calling you a grumpy fool” he smirked

I laughed “ I know you idiot will never be sorry for that. Its ok. You know we have to meet the grooms squad in” I checked my watch “ an hour. So lets leave”