CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

ABDULRAHIM’S POV:
“I think that will be all for today, if there are to be any changes you should let me know”
I am ending a meeting with some of my staff.  

“Have a nice weekend Sir” the last person to leave told me.

Its seems I am the last person in the building.
Everybody have already gone home since today is Friday.

The last set of people to leave where those in the meeting with me, I had been pushing them to work more and hard for sometimes now.

I need to work more before going home too.

I got so carried away in what I was doing until I heard a text tone from my phone. Its already 10pm the last time I checked it was 8pm when I went to pray Isha.

You should not over work yourself. Go home and rest
Goodnight”

Laura has been checking up on me lately if I stay late at work.
Which I do a lot.

How she even knows is beyond me.
That woman is just something else. She is different from Farida, I mean a good different.

Why am I still talking about that woman, because of her I did things I am not proud of.

When I came back from Spain for the first week Yusuf was there to make me forget about her.

But when he travelled to Lagos I had no one to talk to about her, no one to make me forget about her betrayal.

I couldn’t go to my parent because I was ashamed, they warned me about her.

They never liked her including my sisters too they say she was a gold digger.

The day Laura came to the office and saw the office trashed, Farida posted a picture with her husband on instagram. I felt angry that she could be happy while I am here been miserable.

I transferred that anger to every glass item that I saw in the office. I trashed the whole office except my desk.

I had to leave that day without letting her know because Farida posted another photo again with her husband

To avoid trashing Laura’s office too because I know how much effort she put in decorating it

I had to leave.

That day Farida kept posting pictures with her husband as if she was taunting me. I did not know why I kept going back to her page on IG.

I got tired of feeling angry at some point I left home and kept driving without a single destination in mind.

It was around midnight when I stopped at a hotel.

I went into the club section of the hotel and ordered a drink at the bar. I kept taking shot after shot just to numb the pain I was feeling.

The only thing I could remember is telling the bartender to book a room for me after giving him money.
I don’t know how I got to the room I only woke up the next morning with a massive headache.

I hated myself for drinking Alcohol. It is haram in Islam to take alcohol.
And I did that. My parents will be so disappointed in me if they knew.

I blamed myself for letting Farida get to me.
I stopped going out I even forgot to charge my phone the battery eventually became low and it switched off.

When Laura came to my house and talked some sense into me, I decided to turn to Allah with my problems and seek for his forgiveness for taking alcohol.

Indeed Allah will bring about, after hardship, ease”.

I felt at ease and all my worries ended. I stopped feeling anger towards Farida.

I apologized to Yusuf for getting him worried.

I even told Ummi and Abba about everything. I felt happy about telling them.

All thanks to Laura for reminding me that Allah will solve all of my problems.
That woman is my Angel in storm.

I have been craving for a certain food for two days now and I don’t want to bother Laura she having been doing too much work lately since Ibrahim decided he wants to quit that he is moving to Canada.

“Why do you like coming to my house to eat my food”. My security told me Yusuf was waiting  for me in the house after he opened the gate for me.
I was not surprise to find this man eating my food.

“It’s not my fault you have a woman who cooks delicious meals for you” he shrugged.

“I cannot wait for you to get married so my food will rest in peace” I told him while microwaving my food too.

“Don’t worry I will try to match make Laura with Suraj my friend that is not stingy with food so if they get married I can have free food if Rafia is not around” he said.

I felt anger when he said that. “don’t even try that” I said angrily.

“Woah man calm down I was just joking and why are you angry because I said that” he asked.

“She is a good girl and we all know Suraj Is a play boy that is why” I defended.

“Are you sure you do not like this girl” he asked me.

“Lets talk about something else, you once told me you ate Burabisko right,” he nod

“I have been craving for it for days now please where did you get it from” I continued

“Oh you remembered,
Inna made it for me.”

“Who is Inna” I asked.
“I will call her so she can cook it for us, are you available on sunday” he asked while avoiding my question.
I told him yes.

“then we will go to her house on sunday”.
……………………………………………………………………………………