CHAPTER FOURTEEN

LAURA’S POV
I am currently sitting on my bed video calling with Hafsa. Yes I said my bed my own bed. We moved to the new house yesterday. The house was already furnished so the only thing we brought was our clothes even the kitchen had everything we could need.
Inna and I are in the boys quarters which also has two bedroom and a small living room while the main house has two living room, three bedroom and a kitchen.
‘Babe so you moved to a new house without telling me abi’ Hafsa said from the otherside.
‘Its not like that our moving was sudden and wait am I not the one telling you now’
‘After 24hrs, you are telling me after 24 long hours and you are just telling me’
‘Madam complainer you should stop complaining let me tell you about the house its very beautiful’ I told her.
‘Are you serious’ she shouted excited.
‘Hafsatu when will you ever get sense, where is your husband? I wonder hor he is coping with you. I asked her
Yusuf her husband popped into the screen too and waved at me. ‘hi our besty, you don’t want to know’ he teased
‘hello hafsatu’s husband, I don’t want to know too’ I teased back.
………………………………………………………………

‘Good night my favorite couple I have an incoming call’ I bade them goodbye to answer the call.
I wonder who is calling me. ‘Do you like the new house?’ was the first question the person on the other side asked.
‘What’ I asked
‘I said do you like the new house I don’t like repeating myself’ he asked again.
I think I know that voice. ‘Mr Richee rich is that you? How did you get my contact number’ I asked
‘Bingo atleast you recognize voices and you have not answered my question’ he arrogantly asked again.
‘what do you mean do I like the new house, did you have something to do with my brothers promotion’ I asked curiously
‘By Monday my driver will come pick you up and bring you to my office you will begin to work for me’ He did not even answer my question.
‘Who do you think you are to just order me, I have told you I will not work for you’ I told him angrily
‘Laura Umar Madaki you wouldn’t want your brother to loose his job right and you will not like all your family members to be homeless. I know you are sensible so on Monday by 8am my driver will come pick you up good bye’ and he just hanged up the call.
Oh my God, who is this man and how dare him threaten me with my family. I know definitely he is not Yaya bangidas boss so how could he get yaya promoted and even give him a house.
I think he is just bluffing he cannot do anything but what if he is not. Can he really make ya babangida loose his job, that will break everybody’s heart. Where will we start from.
I think I will just go to his office but the problem is I don’t even know the type of work I will do. Oh Allah help me.

ABDULRAHIM’S POV:

I am going to teach that girl a lesson. No one says no to Abdulrahim Muhammad Kura. I mean no one. I have to teach her a lesson.
She even had the guts to walk out on me. After I left the shop I called someone to look for every information he can find on that girl. I have to know who she is to say no to me, how much do they pay her in that shop that she did not take my offer.
I know I was too forward offering her a job but I need someone that will make my food before ummi comes back.

The private investigator sent the information he gathered the next day to me.
Subject name: Laura Umar Madaki
The waina shop belongs to her grandmother. She lives with her grandmother. She also has someone who is like her brother and he has 1 wife and 3 kids and he works at Bamuda Limited as a driver.
She is an NCE holder. And she have been applying in many schools for a job but non have hired her.
Said grandmother: Lauratu also called Inna
Said brother: Babangida Isa
I stopped reading after reading the important part.I am surprised no parent is mention here I wonder where they are. I think I know how to make her work for me.
I know the owner of Bamuda Limited he have been wanting to work with me at a certain project. I think I need to call him.
I called him and told him I want him to promote one of his drivers by the name Babangida Isa and also I want him to increase his salary and lastly I told him to tell the man that he is been given a house where he will pay for only twenty percent rent annually.
And if he does that for me I may consider his proposal to work together on that project. After all everyone wants to work with Pearls Construction.
Before I could even finish telling him he told me to consider it all done.

I know what you are all thinking, why am I helping her instead of finding a way for her to pay. She will have no choice but to work for me at the end of the day.
And also I am not heartless. Besides I want to help them most especially her Grandmother. I don’t like seeing old people working hard just to feed. And it is obvious she is the one providing for the both of them.