CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

A week after when Inna and Yaya babangida and Anty sa'a where leaving for Saudi Arabia, almost everybody came to see them off at the airport.

Inna could not help but think after their plane landed in Saudi Arabia that even if she die's now she die a happy woman who have fulfill all her wishes in life except for one thing.
She made a mental note that if she comes back to Nigeria she is going to come clean to everyone most especially Laura.

.....................................................................................................................
Few days to Eid-kabir Laura suggested that they go spend the some days at her in-laws place so they can celebrate together. And Abdul agreed.
When he called his mother to tell her they where coming to celebrate Eid with them she was so happy and when she heard Laura suggested it she was more happier because not every daughter in-law will like to be in the same space with her in-laws.
And her own daughter in-law wants to come stay with them for a few days. She could not have asked for anyone better.
...............................................................

The sallah celebration was filled with many happy moments.
On the first day they all went to the mosque together. and when they came back Ummi and Laura supervised the house helps that where preparing the rams that where slaughtered to mark the Eid celebration.

On the second day Laura went to spend the day with Anty sa'a kids that are at home with their Aunt since their parent where not back from Saudi Arabia.
It was until late at night that she came back to her in-laws place.

Today been the third day of sallah they were expecting visitors to come today.
It is a tradition that Anty murja come spend the third day of sallah at her parents place.
Since she is the only daughter living in Abuja. And she comes with all her kids.
Also Rafia called Laura and told her they were coming to spend the day with them too.
There are also guest who just come without announcing that they are coming.
It has been always like that so Ummi always made sure there is more than enough food to be cooked.
And this year Laura is there to help her.

"Laura I told you the maids will sort the rest you should go and get ready too the guest will start coming very soon" Ummi scolded her.
Ummi left her in the kitchen almost an hour ago and she came back to meet her in the kitchen after she got ready.
"Ummi please I am almost done icing this cupcakes then I am done" she pleaded with her mother in-law.
"Fine you have ten minutes and you leave the rest to the maids" Ummi agreed.

Ummi could not help but get worried about her daughter in-law. She has been noticing sign that Laura may be pregnant.
From the weird food combination she have being eating to the her increase in appetite that she heard Abdulrahim teasing her about yesterday.
She don't want to tell them so she will not their hopes high and when the test maybe proves wrong they will be devastated.
Abdulrahim told her how devastated Laura was five months ago when she thought she was pregnant and the test came out negative.

Anty Murja and her husband and kids where the first to arrive and before you know it different guest started coming and the house was full just as expected.
Some guest leave after sometime while some will be leaving in the evening.
Ummi's friends who came too could not help but praise Laura. They kept gushing about how Ummi was very lucky.
Some of them commented about how she have added a little weight.

Laura and her husband along with Yusuf and Rafia where in the boys quarters part of the house which use to be Abdulrahim's before he moved out.
So Laura and Abdul have been staying over there for the week until after the Eid celebration.
Rafia was telling her how she wants her baby shower to be. And laura was writing every single details down on her phone since she is organizing it.
Rafia found out she was expecting few months ago and now she wants Laura to plan her baby shower for her.
Ummi came into the sitting room holding a plate a samosa and met the ladies discussing and the men watching a football match.
It was her special samosa which she usually make in small quantity.
Yusuf was the first to notice her "Ummi is that for me, that is why I love you" he asked her while trying to collect the plate.
She playfully pushed him away before giving the plate to Rafia "No this is for my daughters they asked for it earlier so move away".
"But ummi I asked you about this samosa earlier and you told me you will not give me and now you are giving it them" Abdulrahim whined.
"Stop whining like a baby the both of you" she teased Abdul and Yusuf who pouted.
"Laura my dear please is there any Kunun aya {tigernut drink} left. Dr Auwal and his family are here" Ummi asked Laura.
"Yes Ummi there is some left in the refrigerator in the kitchen I hid it" she answered.
Ummi smiled and said "please can you bring it to the main sitting .Dr Auwal and his wife are here and he said he has stopped drinking any refined drink so I want to serve him the Kunun aya"
"Sure Ummi" laura smile too.

"I thought his wife died of cancer two years ago" Abdul voiced out his thought. He remembered when she died he went for the funeral.

Ummi faced palm herself and shook her head. "If only you listen when I talk to you sometimes you would have known that he married a second wife last year"
"Oh I never knew he remarried" he mumbled.
" Laura my dear we will be in the small lounge, please be fast about it" Ummi smiled before walking out.

LAURA POV:
Thank God I left some of the drink earlier. I told my self while placing the juice pitcher on a tray along with some cups
"Anty Laura let me take the tray for you" one of the maids in the kitchen suggested.
"Don't worry I can take it, thank you" I told her before leaving the kitchen.
Today has been a very long day but I enjoyed every part of it. From the cooking with Ummi even though the maids helped. To the visitor who came visiting.
One of the best part is planning Rafia's baby shower which will be holding next week.
The baby will be here in three months. I am very happy for her and Yusuf. I wish I was also pregnant like her now too.
Its been 11 months I got married and I am beginning to get worried about not being pregnant until now.
I even suggested about going to the hospital to Abdulrahim but he told me not worry, Allah will bless us when he wishes. We have to keep praying.
There was this time when I thought I was pregnant. I was devastated when I took the pregnancy test and it came out negative.

I was by the door when I overheard Abba's voice telling them about how a little boy tried to steal his phone from his pocket in the mosque last Friday.
I have heard this story so many times during my stay here in one week and he doesn't get tired of telling people about it.
Even Ummi she told me she is tired of hearing the story. And I was right she was bored of hearing the story.
I caught her rolling her eyes and she then smiled when she saw that I caught her which made me snicker.

"Laura dear what is funny" Abba asked me.
"Nothing Abba" I shook my head. I kept the tray on the table and then greeted Dr Auwal.
I turned to give Ummi a questioning look because she told me he came with his wife and i can only see him here.
"She went out to receive a call" she whispered to me.
Ummi told me to sit and wait to meet the woman before leaving them.

15 minutes later and this woman is not back.
I think I will have to go because I have received Rafia's text twice about how she has almost finished all the samosa meant for both of us.
I wanted to complain to Ummi when the woman came in.
She sat beside her husband and Ummi introduced me to her.
"Hajia Zainab meet my daughter in-law Laura"

'This cannot be true it is not possible' I kept telling myself ever since the woman came in and sat beside her husband.
"Mamana how are you I am sorry I could not attend your wedding" she spoke
And when I heard her voice that was the last stroke for me.

No No No this cannot be possible. How is this even possible.