thirty.

Friday morning, Tyler and I woke up before the sun came up. As far as I'm concerned, this is the last day I will ever see him again. I'm going to cherish every second of our last morning together. When we finish our shower, he walks downstairs to make some breakfast while I finish getting ready for the day. After I finish, I make my way downstairs and find Cameron standing at the stove next to Tyler, just like our very first morning together. They finish making scrambled eggs and sausage links and set everything out on the dining room table. We sit and have breakfast together, just like a regular happy family. Little do both of them know, this will be our last meal together as the 3 of us.

Tyler clears his throat, "So what're your guys' plans for the day?"

My mind anxiously wanders around for an answer but the best I can come up with is, "Oh, uhhh... not much really."

I mean, that sounded convincing enough. I think anyways... he doesn't push for more details so I'm assuming he bought it. We all finish breakfast, clear the table, and clean up the mess in the kitchen.

Tyler looks down at his watch, "Quarter past 8:00 a.m. Alright, I have to head out if I'm going to make the meeting a little early. Do I look okay?" He asks as he straightens his tie.

I grab the knot on his tie and adjust it slightly. "You look perfect. Everything is going to be okay. You have to know that."

He gives me a sorta half smile, trying to put on a brave face. "Wish me luck. I love you, Ali." He leans down to kiss my cheek.

I wrap my arms around him for the last time and whisper, "I love you, Tyler, so fucking much." I close my eyes and try to fight back the tears that are about to start rolling down my cheeks.

He pulls back and lightly holds my chin in his giant hand. He stares into my eyes and says, "Hey, please don't cry. Like you said, everything is going to be okay. I'm going to be okay."

I try to fake a smile for him as he pulls my lips to his. Our lips linger on one another's before he pulls away and walks out the door. The second I hear the garage door close, the tears flood out of my eyes. Cameron goes about his business, playing with his tracks like usual. While he's distracted, I go upstairs and pack all of our stuff as fast as possible. I'm not sure how long this meeting will be, but I know if I see his face again, I won't have the strength to actually leave. I finish packing what little we have and load everything up in my car. I don't even think Cameron noticed me going in and out of the house. When I come back in, I find a piece of paper and a pen. I sit down and just let the words flow right out of the pen. Every word that I need him to hear. I need him to know:

Tyler,

I cannot tell you how sorry I am to have to do this to you. But your dad is right... I have brought nothing but chaos into your life and I can't apologize enough for that. You deserve someone who will only bring you happiness, someone who your family would be proud to welcome into their homes and into their lives. Someone who will raise you up higher than you ever thought possible, not hold you back the way I have for these past couple months. I want you to be happy. I want you to succeed in everything that you do, and there isn't a doubt in my mind that you will. I love you with every fiber of my being... and that's the very reason that I have to let you go. I know how big of a coward I am, leaving you like this. Without giving you a chance to say goodbye. But I just knew if I saw your face again, I wouldn't be able to go through with this, and you wouldn't have let me anyhow. Please, just do me a favor... find what makes you happy and never ever let it go. You deserve the absolute best, and I pray that you will find it. I love you forever, Ty.

Love always,
Ali

I fold the letter in half and lay it on the bed with the necklace he bought for me with his number on it. I can't stop the tears from streaming down my face. I try to collect myself as much as possible as I head downstairs to get Cameron.