eleven.

I had hoped to spend time with Tyler as soon as he got home from Dallas, but unfortunately, one of the servers at the steakhouse called in sick tonight and I offered to cover her shift. As much as I would love to see him again, I really could use the money with Christmas coming up so soon. I jumped in the shower and washed away the disappointment. As I was getting out, I wrapped a towel around myself and saw my phone light up. Could it be him?

Tyler: My flight should be landing at 6:30 p.m. Once we land, you're all mine for the rest of the night.

Me: I have to work tonight... one of the other servers has a stomach bug, so I offered to cover for her. I could really use the money anyways. I still haven't bought any of Cameron's Christmas gifts and it's literally next week! I'm so sorry... Raincheck?

Tyler: Whoever has the stomach bug, I hate them.

Me: Lol that's a little extreme. It's not their fault they got sick, Ty.

Tyler: Whether they're at fault or not, they are preventing me from seeing you so yeah, I hate them. It's a completely valid reason.

I laughed at Tyler throwing his little tantrum like my four-year-old would. As much as I wanted to see him, I really did need the money. We don't even have a tree in the apartment since Whitney isn't going to be home. I was going to get a small one that can sit on the coffee table, that way we at least have one.

I finished getting ready for work and made Cameron an afternoon snack. We sat on the couch and watched cartoons while we waited for Hannah to get here. Just then, there's a knock at the door.

"I'll get it, mama!" Cameron yelled as he ran for the door. He opened it up and said, "Hi, Hannah! What are we going to play today?"

"Hey buddy! We can play whatever you want to! You pick..." Hannah said to Cameron as he pulled her into the living room.

Hannah and I sat on the couch and talked for a little bit before I had to leave. Whitney came down the hallway, ready to go. It's so nice that we work together because we always carpool whenever we work the same shift. We'll take her car one day, and mine the next. Although, I definitely prefer her new Toyota Camry over my outdated, hand-me-down Honda Civic.

"Ali, are you ready to go?"

"I'm always ready before you, Whit..." I said in between giggles as I poked fun at how she's always running behind.

She rolled her eyes, "It's not my fault... It takes time to look this good!"

We both laughed, said our goodbyes to Cam, and headed out the door.

When we got to work we went straight to the computer to clock in and see how many reservations there are tonight. It's usually pretty packed on the weekends, and with it being the week before Christmas, it's going to be extra crowded in here. But neither of us mind since we know we will most likely be leaving tonight with a decent chunk of money in our pockets.

I was cashing out my third table when Whitney walked over to me and said, "Um, excuse me, Ali cat, hate to interrupt whatever you're doing here but uhhh... there is a surprise guest waiting for you at table seven." She smiled and winked at me while pointing to the table.

I look over at table seven and recognize the tall, muscular rookie immeditately. I guess he wasn't taking no for an answer, because there he was with a big smile on his face. My cheeks started to get hot as I smiled shyly at Whitney and walked toward table seven.

"You just couldn't help yourself, could you?" I teased him.

He chuckled real low and said, "What can I say? I had my heart set on seeing you tonight. When do I get to take you away from here?"