nineteen.

On our way home, I silently cried and watched the street lights pass by the car window. Cameron, I'm sure, was confused by the entire situation, but luckily he fell asleep in the backseat. Tyler held my hand the entire ride, and apologized for his family numerous times. I knew it wasn't his fault, the way they were treating me, but I still couldn't help but feel like maybe they're right...

I'm not with him for his financial status. I know they are wrong 100% when it comes to that accusation. I didn't know any details of his finances until recently actually. But maybe they're right to think that I'm not good enough for him. Maybe I am holding him back from achieving his goals. Maybe I am distracting him from everything he has worked his entire life for. I can't help but sit here and think they might be right about us.

We're from two completely different worlds. We could never actually work out in the long run. We're too different. He grew up in that beautiful, spacious home in a luxurious neighborhood. I grew up in a double wide trailer, then moved into a single wide trailer when I met Joe. He went to private schools his entire life. Schools that cost at least $10,000 per year to attend. I went to a public school with a graduating class of 100. He went to college and got a degree. I got knocked up right out of high school, unmarried and working in a small diner for $3.25 an hour. He's a professional athlete who could have any woman in the world at his feet... Models, actresses, etc. I'm just a waitress with a 4 year old son, living on my best friends pull out couch. This could never work...

I wipe the tears from my eyes as quietly as possible and close them, hoping it will stop more tears from falling. Tyler glances over at me, one hand on the wheel, the other holding mine.

"Baby, please don't cry... I hate seeing you like this." He says as he continues shifting his eyes from the road to me and back again.

I sniffle softly, "I'm okay. It's just... been a long night. I'm just ready for bed."

He continues driving down the road. "Nothing that they said matters to me, Ali. Absolutely nothing. They couldn't be more wrong about you. About us."

I can't help but let out a sarcastic chuckle. "Right..."

Tyler glances back over at me and pulls off to the side of the road. "What's funny?"

I look into his eyes for a moment, then look straight ahead at the road. "Can you please just take us home?"

He stares at me in silence, then shakes his head lightly and gets back on the road. We drive for another 10 minutes or so and I realize that he's not planning on taking us back to Whitney's apartment, he's heading home.

"Where are we going? Whitney's apartment was just down that street. You missed the turn." I said as I watched him ignore every word that came out of my mouth and continue driving.

I throw my hands up out of frustration and sigh. He stays silent the rest of the drive. We pull into his garage and I watch as he gets out of the truck and heads inside, without us. I hop down out of the truck and get Cameron out of his seat. I carry him inside and lay him down on the couch. Tyler is standing at the sink in the kitchen, just looking down in defeat at the few dishes left from this morning. He sees me lay Cam down on the couch and walks over to us.

"What're you doing?" I say as I watch him pick Cam up off the couch and carry him towards the stairs. He continues to ignore me as he walks up the stairs to the guest bedroom. I follow behind him and watch as he lays Cameron down in the bed and tucks him in. He closes the bedroom door on his way out and walks passed me.

"Tyler..." I say as he opens the master bedroom door and steps inside. "Tyler, talk to me." He closes the door behind him and completely ignores me.

I open the master bedroom door and see him sitting on the floor, his elbows resting on his knees and his hands cupping his face. I sit down beside him and wait for him to say something. Crickets. He's not talking. What the hell just happened?