twenty-eight.

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache and my body had never been so sore. The nurse came in and administered some medication for me to ease the pain a bit, while Tyler took Cameron downstairs to the cafeteria to get some breakfast. They came back to my room about 30 minutes later with a blueberry muffin and a coffee for me.

"Coffee has never sounded so great... thank you, Ty." I say as he sits it all down on the tray in front of me.

He smiles and kisses my forehead, "How're you feeling?"

I pour some sugar packets into my coffee and stir in the creamer. "I'm just really sore. The nurse gave me something a few minutes ago. Hopefully it kicks in soon."

"I'm sorry, baby. Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable? Can I get you anything?" Tyler asks as he grabs my hand lightly.

I think to myself for a minute. "Would you mind running home and getting a few things for me? This hospital gown is not very comfortable, and I could really use a good book or something. This television isn't the greatest." I say in between sips of coffee.

"Whatever you need. Here, let me write it all down so I don't forget anything." Tyler says as he searches around the room for something to write on.

He runs to the nurses station right outside my room and grabs a pen and post-it note. He comes back in and sits down beside Cameron.

"Alright, what do you need?" Tyler says, pen in hand, ready to write.

Together we create a list of a few things that might make me feel more comfortable sitting here in this hospital bed for the next couple days. One of my favorite books, a pair of sweatpants and an oversized hoodie, my favorite fleece blanket with a picture of Cameron on the front. My journal, and lastly my cell phone. I haven't had it the entire time I've been here, which hasn't really made much of a difference, but if I'm not able to go home yet, it would be nice to be able to talk to Whitney and update my boss on the situation. And I don't want Tyler to feel like he has to stay here all the time. I know it can't be comfortable for him sleeping in that recliner chair next to my bed. But I still would like to be able to talk to him.

When our list is finished, Tyler and Cameron give me a kiss goodbye and head out of the room. While they're gone, I can't help but think about Joe. Where is he? What happened to him? I thought for sure he would kill me... also, how did he actually find me? I mean, seeing me and Tyler kissing during the playoff game still doesn't explain how he found Tyler's home address. The entire time the boys are gone, my mind anxiously tries to answer all of the many questions I have wandering through my brain.

It only took them about an hour to collect all of the things from the house and bring them back to the hospital. Tyler hands me my phone, battery still at 50%. I scroll through message after message from my coworkers and my boss, each one apologizing for what happened to me and ending with "Get better soon!" or something along those lines. There was one message, however, that stood out to me. One of my coworkers sent it to me. It was a link to an article online. I click on the link and patiently wait for it to load. The service in this hospital isn't the greatest... finally, the article pops up.

"NFL Rookie of the Year Home Invasion"

The title alone brought back a flood of memories from that morning. I lock my phone and set it down on the bed beside me, too traumatized to read anything further than the title itself right now. Tyler looks at me with a worried expression across his face.

"What's wrong, Ali?" He asks as he pulls up a chair beside me.

I close my eyes and shake my head slowly, "Nothing. I just... can't stop thinking about that morning."