eight.

The next morning, Cameron and I did our normal routine. Only this morning was different for two reasons: One reason being my "Good morning, beautiful" text that I received for the very first time. And the second reason being that I am anxious as hell about being alone with Tyler tonight. I don't know what I am more anxious about. Breaking down my walls and letting him in, or being completely alone with him for the very first time. I have so many emotions going on about it, it's hard to pinpoint exactly which one I'm feeling at the moment.

Cameron and I eat our breakfast, brush our teeth, then he plays with his cars while I clean up around the apartment. I always try to contribute as much as I can when it comes to this apartment, just to show Whitney that I am so grateful to her and that we respect her and her home. Whether that be getting groceries for the three of us or cleaning the entire apartment, I always make sure to help out as much as possible. Cameron is pretty good about cleaning up after himself, too, so we never have to worry about stepping on any toys unless he's actually playing with them.

Tyler's game starts at 1:00 p.m. I've never seen him play before so I'm excited to see what all of the hype is about with this possible Rookie of the Year title. I used to watch football every Sunday with my dad when I was little, and most Monday and Thursday nights, too. My dad was a huge football fan. He played throughout his entire childhood all the way into his high school years. And once he and my mom had me, he made sure to share his love for the game with me. I haven't sat down and watched a game in years.

Joe never allowed me to watch with him. He always said I had a house to clean and a kid to take care of. He never cared about sharing his love for the sport with his son. I don't think he ever cared about anyone but himself, honestly. I would be hurt by that fact, but he is the one who is missing out on knowing such an incredible kid. If Joe ever did one good thing in his life, it was giving me Cameron.

I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels until I found the NFL pregame show. I heard them mention Tyler's name and show a picture of him next to his stats.

Tyler Reeves:

6 foot 6, 270 lbs of pure muscle.

He's one of the greatest defensive ends in the league right now. His career just started and he's already made such a name for himself. They mention his dad, retired NFL cornerback Jerry Reeves. He was one of the best defensive players in the mid 80's. His team actually went to the Super Bowl in 1986 and won.

It's almost time for kickoff. "Cam, do you wanna watch Tyler play football?"

He immediately jumped up from the floor and ran over to sit next to me on the couch. "Where is he, mama?" Cameron asked, his eyes scanning all over the field for him.

I pointed to the right side of the screen, "Look, there he is, right there. Number 97. Do you see him?"

"I see him! I see him! Watch him, mama!"

He bounced up and down on the couch beside me when Whitney walked through the door.

"Hey guys! I'm home! Oohh, what're we watching? Mommy's new friend?" Whitney asked Cameron while lightly nudging my arm. She winked at me and I couldn't help but roll my eyes and chuckle softly.

Watching Tyler on the screen, it's like a whole new person. He seems so sweet and gentle every time I've been around him, but man, he is the complete opposite on the field. He's like a giant beast, never allowing anyone to get past him. A human stonewall. He always looked so massive next to me, which isn't really that hard to do considering I'm only 5'4. But on the field, he blends so well with all the other defensive linemen. He doesn't look so huge on the screen.

A few hours later, the game comes to an end. Final score: 23-20. Tyler's team won with just seconds on the clock. He played so well, I understand now why everyone is so impressed with him. I can only imagine how exhausted he must be after playing so hard. I wonder if he will want to reschedule our night for some other time. I'm going to get ready though, just in case he's still up for it.