fifteen.

The week flew by and before I knew it, it was Christmas Eve. John's Steakhouse is closed today and tomorrow for the holiday and I couldn't be more excited to spend the day with Cam. We planned on baking some cookies and bringing them over to Tyler today, along with Cam's gift for him. I should probably text him to make sure he'll be home.

Me: Good morning, handsome. Cam got you a Christmas present and insists on bringing it to you today. Are you going to be home?

Tyler: Morning, beautiful. You guys didn't have to get me anything. But I'm more than happy to see you. I have a meeting today and won't be home until around 4:00 p.m. You're more than welcome to come over any time once I'm home.

Me: We can't wait to see you. Have a good practice!

Tyler: I can't wait to see you gorgeous.

I put my phone down on the table and started getting all of the supplies out for the cookies.

"Cam, are you ready to bake some cookies with mama?" I ask him as I dig through the drawers for the baking spatulas.

"Yes, yes, yes!" Cameron shouts from across the room.

He jumps off of the couch and rushes over to the dining room table where I laid out all of the materials and ingredients. Whitney has zero counter space in this apartment so the dining room table is just easier. I crack some eggs in each bowl and let Cam add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. I beat everything together until it's all smooth. Cam dumps half a bag of chocolate chips in the bowl. He mixes them in with the rest of the batter, then makes little balls with his hands and places each one on a cookie sheet.

As I'm making the sugar cookies, Cam asks, "Hey mama. Is Tyler my new daddy?"

Stunned by his question, I ask, "What makes you say that, Cam?"

He shrugs his shoulders and says, "You smile a lot and you're happy when we're all together."

I smile at the innocence of my sweet baby boy. "Tyler is mommy's friend, baby. He's a really good friend. He does make mommy happy. Very happy... How do you feel about Tyler, Cam?"

He continues making the cookie dough into little balls and says, "I like Tyler. He's nice to me. And he is funny, and fun, and cool."

I chuckle at his comments, "Well, I'm glad you like him, baby. Mommy likes him too."

"And he got us a really cool tree!" Cameron adds just to be sure he mentions as much as possible about how he feels about Tyler.

"Yes he did." I laugh under my breath.

It takes about 45 minutes total to bake all of these cookies that we made. Whitney's oven only holds so many cookies at a time. Once they cool down enough, we're going to decorate them with icing. This is always Cam's favorite part. It gets extremely messy, but seeing the joy on his face is worth the mess.

Once the cookies cool down to room temp, we start smearing icing all over the cookies. Cameron goes crazy with the sprinkles, but hey, at least he's enjoying himself. I check the time on my phone. 12:15 p.m. I am so anxious to see Tyler again, it's literally killing me. We haven't been able to spend time with each other since our date this past weekend. Since the snowstorm, this is the longest we have gone without seeing each other. I wonder if he's counting down the minutes like I am... Of course he's not, he's working right now. Stop being crazy, Ali.

I made some lunch for Cameron and read him a couple books. We sing our bedtime song and I watch him drift off to sleep. Time to get ready! I have a couple hours to spare... maybe I should curl my hair? Yes, let's do it. It takes about an hour to finish curling my hair. I took my time on my makeup today, going a little extra to try to impress Tyler a little more than usual. I throw on a pair of torn jeans and my favorite oversized sweater that hangs below one of my shoulders. I slip into some boots and check my phone for the time. 3:19 p.m. Not much longer until I can see him again.