twenty-nine.

It's been 5 days now since the attack. There have been no changes in Joe's condition, and honestly, I don't know if I should feel relieved or terrified with that information. As for me though, my doctor made it sound like I could be going home today or tomorrow and I could not be more ready! To be with Cameron and Tyler all day and night, all of us sleeping under the same roof again. I am more than ready to get out of this uncomfortable hospital bed, to be able to sleep in Tyler's king size bed with him by my side. I'm praying that tonight is the night... I can't take much more of this depressing room.

The walls are so white, it almost hurts if you look at them too long. Cameron's pictures that he colored for me are really the only color in this room. And of course the multiple bouquets of flowers that have been given to me. My coworkers all pitched in and got me a beautiful bouquet and a giant card that they made out of a poster board. They even had some of our regular customers sign it! I have been blessed with some great people around me. I'm just so ready to finally be out of here and regain my strength so I can get back to my day to day life. Just as my mind starts to grow more and more anxious, my doctor walks in.

He knocks on the half open door, "Knock, knock. Hey Ali, how're you feeling this morning?"

"I'm feeling good. Still a little sore where my incisions are, but other than that, I'm great. So great that I feel like I'm ready to get out of here... Please tell me I'm getting out of here?" I plead with him as I sit up in the bed.

Tyler chuckles at me as he folds a pair of my sweatpants and throws them back in his duffle bag with the rest of my belongings that he brought to keep me busy and comfortable. "She's getting pretty anxious, doc. She hasn't stopped talking about going home in two days."

My doctor smiles and looks back to me, "Well, in that case, I have good news... The nurse will be in with your discharge papers in a few minutes."

A huge smile stretches across my face, "Thank God! I am so ready! Bring that nurse in here, asap."

They both chuckle softly at my comment. My doctor collects himself and says, "Okay, so in all seriousness... I wrote you a prescription for some pain killers." He hands me a piece of paper and explains, "Now, listen. These medications can be extremely dangerous if not taken properly. They are highly addictive so make sure that you only take them if absolutely necessary. You shouldn't need them for more than a couple days, a week at most."

Tyler and I nod our heads in understanding and pack the paper away in a folder. The doctor wishes me well and leaves my room. Within 20 minutes, the nurse comes in with my discharge papers. I quickly fill them all out as Tyler packs up all of my things. He helps me out of bed and grabs a wheelchair from the nurse. He wheels me down to the entrance and I wait as he heads out into the parking garage to get the car. He helps me lower myself into the Tesla and throws my bag in the trunk.

"Are we going to get Cameron from Whitney's house?" I ask Tyler as he carefully drives home.

"Actually, Whitney is bringing him home. She wanted to make sure that we got home and got you settled in before bringing him home. Is that okay?" He says, lightly rubbing his thumb along my hand.

I nod my head, "Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I really appreciate you both so much. For taking care of us this whole time. I know he can be a handful."

He brings my hand up to his lips and softly kisses it, "Ali, he is a great kid. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, and neither would Whitney. We will always be here for you both."

I smile and lean my head against his massive shoulder. Within minutes, we pull into the long driveway and park in the garage. Tyler runs around the front of the car and helps me out. As we walk inside, I'm surprised by a banner that says "Welcome Home, Mommy!", clearly handmade by Cameron. I am also surprised by a living room full of people. Cameron, Whitney, Blake, and Tyler's parents. I'm not surprised by Connie's presence after our conversation in the hospital, but I am however shocked that his dad is here to welcome me home. I highly doubt Connie could have made him hate me any less in just a matter of days. Tyler follows closely behind me as Cameron comes running towards me, his arms spread wide open.