twelve.

After Tyler left, I immediately asked Whitney if she cared to watch Cameron for me Sunday night so I could spend some more time with Tyler. She agreed without hesitation and then gave me some weird hand gestures to show that she fully supports me jumping his bones, as soon as possible. I swear, I think she wants me to get laid just as badly as I do. She knows the situation I came from and she is not so secretly hoping that Tyler is enough to make me move on completely from the past.

Tyler's game starts at 4:25 p.m. tonight. Which gives me all day to spend with Cameron. I'll be able to make him dinner tonight, and get him to bed before I leave to go spend time with Tyler. Honestly, I feel bad leaving him as many times as I have lately. The only time I ever left him when we were back home was to go to work, and a lot of times my boss would let me bring him along and he would hang out in the diner until my shift was over. But as much as I hate leaving him, I have to believe that me spending time with Tyler is, in a way, good for Cameron, too. This is the first time in my entire life that I have finally put myself and my needs first, above everyone else except for Cam. He absolutely adores Tyler, and I would never put this kind of pressure on him, but Tyler is definitely the type of role model that I want my son to have. He's an all around great person. He has always treated me with respect, he is always including Cameron in everything that we do, and he is very successful for being so young. Tyler is the complete opposite of Joe, and I do not want Cam to grow up and be anything like his father.

Before Tyler's game, Cam and I went out to the store and bought some lights and ornaments for our new Christmas tree. While we were out, Cameron asked me if he could pick out a Christmas gift for Tyler. He said he wanted to thank him for the tree and getting him a present was the only way to show his appreciation. I happily agreed and watched Cameron as he explored each and every aisle, looking for the perfect gift for him. And what do you know, Cam picked out a black football in the toy aisle.

"This is perfect, mama! He can use it in his games as a good luck ball." Cameron said as I tried to hold back laughter.

"You're right, Cam. He will love this." I grabbed the football out of his hands and put it in the cart.

We checked out our items and headed back home to start decorating. Whitney walked in and admired our beautiful tree. She has been sleeping over at Blake the bartenders house a few nights a week now, so this is her first time seeing it.

"Wow! Cameron, look at that Christmas tree!" Whitney said as Cameron hooked a shiny red ornament on one of the branches.

"Tyler bought it for us! Isn't it cool?" Cameron shouted as he grabbed another ornament.

Whitney looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. "Oh wow, he must really like you, Cam! That's a pretty big tree."

I rolled my eyes and continued stringing up the lights around the tree.

Cameron giggled, "No, he likes mommy!"

I looked at Cameron in surprise and asked, "Now how would you know that?"

"Cause he told me, mama. He said you're the prettiest girl in the world." Cam said, all nonchalant like, as he reached for more ornaments.

Whitney and I looked at each other and laughed. "I think he likes mommy a lot. Do you like him, Cam?"

Cameron violently nodded his head so fast, I swear his brain was shaking inside his skull. His eyes grew wide as he shouted, "I like him a lot! He's cool! And he has lots of games at his house! And he taught me how to play football just like him!"

Whitney looked over at me and smiled that "I told you so" smile at me. She put her stuff down in her bedroom and came out to help us finish decorating the tree. We turned the game on and watched Tyler plow over all of the competition. They were behind in the first half, but came back with a vengeance in the 3rd and 4th quarters just to win it all 15-10. That was a super tough game. Both teams' defensive lines were incredible tonight. Tyler has to be exhausted.