twenty-seven.

My body hasn't moved a single inch. I can smell the alcohol seeping from his pores as he takes a step inside the door frame. He walks around the front room slowly, examining every inch of the room.

"So... did you miss me?" Joe says as he looks at the pictures on the wall.

I see Cameron in the corner of my eye looking up over the couch to see what's going on. I look at Cam and silently motion for him to stay quiet and get down. I don't want Joe to see him. God knows what he would do if he did...

Cameron gets down on the ground next to the couch and pokes his head out enough to see Joe and me in the front room.

"Wh... uhh... what- what are you doing here?" I stutter in fear.

Joe laughs and says, "Well, I'm here to see you of course! I missed you... but judging by the looks of it, you haven't been missing me much, huh?" He slowly walks closer to me as I take a step back. "Found yourself a new sugar daddy, didn't you? I bet you spread those legs the first chance you got, didn't you?"

"How... how did you.. how did you find me?" I mumbled trying to catch my breath.

A devilish smile spreads across his face. "Funny thing about dating an NFL player... you kiss them at a game and it ends up on national television."

I back myself into the wall as he inches closer and closer. "You really thought you could run away from me? You really thought I wouldn't find your ungrateful bitch ass?"

I feel the tears burning my eyes as he grabs my face and rests his forehead against my cheek. "Now you have given me no choice..." He says through clenched teeth. I shudder as the tears start streaming down my face. "You should have known this was going to happen, you stupid bitch."

He grabs a fistful of my hair and slams my head into the wall, shattering a frame with a picture of Tyler's family in it. He throws me to the ground by my hair. I look up to see Cameron, still hiding on the floor beside the couch, crying as quietly as possible. I shake my head at him and try to tell him I'm alright, without saying a word. I hold the back of my head and shudder as I pull my bloodied hand down in front of me.

"You worthless piece of shit!" Joe yells at me as he kicks my stomach, rolling me over to my other side. I let out a low yell as I clutch onto my stomach.

He lets out a maniacal laugh and slams the sole of his heavy work boots into my back. I cry out in pain as Joe continues laughing. He rolls me onto my back and climbs on top of me. I scream out for Tyler, praying that he will walk in any second. He is my only chance of survival at this point. I have never seen Joe this mad before. I know he will kill me. I have not a single doubt in my mind.

I quickly look over at Cameron and yell out, "I love you, baby! Mama loves..." Joe smacks me across the face before I can finish my sentence.

"Shut up, you fucking whore!" He yells as he pulls back his fist and knocks me unconscious.

TYLER'S POV:

The pharmacy is only about 5 minutes down the street from my house. That's one of the perks of living in the city. Restaurants, stores, everything basically right around the corner. I head inside the pharmacy and grab any medication I see that's for nausea. I grab some ice blue Gatorades and pay at the counter.

As I pull into my driveway, I notice that my front door I wide open. Maybe it was Cameron getting a package off the porch and he just forgot to shut it or something. As I get out of my truck, I get a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something's not right. As I get closer to the door, I hear shouting and crying.

"Shut up, you fucking whore!"

I run into the house and see a man on top of Ali. There's blood under her head and all over her face. I drop the Gatorade and the medicine bag and tackle him to the ground, away from Ali. The next thing I know, my knuckles are bloody and bruised and the guy below me is unconscious, bleeding all over the floor. I hear Cameron screaming and crying from the living room. I run over to him and give him my cell phone.