four.

Whitney is running around the apartment like crazy trying to make sure she has everything she needs for her weekend getaway with Blake the bartender. Good thing Cameron and I are early risers cause she looks and sounds like a damn tornado rolling around here.

"Okay, I think that's everything that I need. Shoes, a jacket, two sweaters, underwear, flat iron, makeup, socks. Yup, that's everything." Whitney says to herself while sorting through her bag.

"Didn't you say there was a pool in your room? You'll need a couple bathing suits!" I remind her.

Whitney giggles and says, "Oh Alice, your innocence is so cute. That pool isn't there for swimming. I'm not going to need a bathing suit." She winks at me.

I laugh, "Alrighty then, that's some information that I didn't need to hear about. When is Blake coming to pick you up?"

"He should be here any minute actually! Please remember to feed Toby while I'm gone?" Whitney says as she grabs her phone off the kitchen counter.

"Of course! Cam will feed him for you, won't you buddy?"

"Really?! I get to feed him all by myself?" Cameron asks while jumping up and down with excitement.

"Well, mama will help you, but you can pour his food into the bowl for him."

"Okay that sounds good, mommy." Cam says as he gets down on the floor to play with his track.

Whitney looks down at her phone and says, "Oh! He's here! Okay, I've gotta go. I will see you guys soon! Have a good day at work tonight, Ali! And be careful with that storm coming later. If it gets too bad, John will close the restaurant and send everybody home. Bye guys!" And just like that, she ran out the door.

I look over at Cam playing on the floor. I clear my throat. "Hey bug, do you remember the plan for tonight?"

"I'm going to Hannah's house to play with her puppy!" Cam says excitedly.

"That's right! And remember, mama is going to come pick you up after I leave work."

"Okie dokie, mama." He says without looking up from his track.

I get up from the couch to make some breakfast for Cameron. I put the scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast on a plate and set it down on the dining room table. He climbs up into his chair and starts eating. I go into the bathroom to grab my makeup bag and mirror. I sit down at the table beside Cameron and start getting ready for the day. I have extra time today, maybe I should do my hair for a change. I finish my makeup and head back into the bathroom to straighten my hair.

I finish getting ready and come back into the living room to do some puzzles with Cam. He is a puzzling fool. He's always loved them. He was doing 50 piece puzzles completely alone by the time he was just three years old. I better pack a bag for him to take to Hannah's house later on today. I grab his backpack and start collecting some of his favorite toys and books. Might as well pack his pajamas too since he will be asleep by the time I pick him up. I don't want to have to wake him up to put his jammies on when we get home late.

By the time I finish getting everything ready for later, it's Cameron's nap time. He usually only sleeps about an hour, but it's better than nothing. I read him his story and sang him his favorite song. After he fell asleep, I headed downstairs to put his bag in my car.

"Holy shit, it's freezing out here!" I say to myself while rubbing my arms.

I head back upstairs and immediately put on a thick jacket. Definitely need to wear an actual coat tonight. I check the weather app on my phone to see what's going on with this snowstorm we're supposed to get. It's not supposed to start snowing until 7:00 p.m. I won't be leaving work until a little after 10:30 p.m. Hopefully it's not as bad as they think it's going to be. I really do not want to be out on the roads with my son in the backseat with heavy snow coming down.