Finding Passion

With the changing seasons, Frankie felt a change in her heart. Something inside her was feeling lost, and she needed to figure out what it was.

"Honey?" she called out into the house.

"Yeah?"

"Could you come to the bedroom, please?"

Jess appeared in the doorway moments later. "What's up? The kids okay?"

"They're with my mom."

"Okay, what's up?"

Frankie sighed, sitting down on the edge of their bed, pulling her feet underneath her. "I'm feeling...I'm feeling kind of lost right now."

"What do you mean?" Jess asked, cocking his head and taking a seat beside his wife.

"I feel like I should be doing something."

"Like what?"

Frankie shook her head with a sigh, fiddling with her fingers. "I don't know, that's the problem. Now that the kids are growing up, and now that my grandfather is gone, I'm feeling kind of...empty, maybe? No, empty's not the right word but...but I feel lost."

After a brief pause, Jess nodded. "Okay. Do you want to start working for Ms. Patty?"

Frankie shook her head. "As much as I love Ms. Patty and appreciate everything she's done for me, that's not really what I want to do. At least, not right now."

"Have you been going to your appointments?"

"Yeah, and we talked about this a little bit last time. And I've been keeping up with my medication, don't worry," she said with a smile, placing a hand on his knee. "I just feel like there's something missing."

"I think you miss dancing." Jess wrapped his arms around Frankie, pulling her into his body. "I think after so many years, not having that outlet in your life is hard."

"So, what should I do? I mean, I kind of already retired."

"You can go back to it." He kissed the top of her head, rubbing soft circles into her back with his thumb. "You're still young. You've got time."

"But my knee –"

"Was fixed. Frank, the only reason you retired was because you were pregnant. I think, if you put the work in, you can go back to it and be amazing."

"Really?" she asked, turning her head to look up at Jess.

"Really," he replied genuinely, brushing a loose strand of hair out of her face. "You can do anything you set your mind to."

Frankie smiled, leaning up and kissing Jess, then bolted from the room to find her phone. Jess chuckled, watching his wife sprint away.

"That's my person," he whispered to himself, smiling as he, too, descended the stairs.

Frankie immediately dialed Oliver's number, tapping her foot impatiently as she waited for him to pick up.

"What?" the British man asked, obviously annoyed.

"Well, hello to you, too, grumpy."

"Frankie?"

"No, Jennifer Aniston. Of course it's me, dummy."

"Uh, hang on."

Frankie furrowed her brows, hearing rustling in the background and quiet cursing, then Oliver's voice rang out over the line once again.