A Weekend Home

Frankie had been so consumed with school, she hadn't had much time to talk to anyone besides Penny. Finals came and went, as did Christmas, and then, suddenly, it was second semester. Frankie didn't know how time had passed so quickly, but it did.

Her schedule for her second semester of college had changed, so she now had Friday's off, which she was incredibly happy about. It gave her more opportunities to go home for the weekends, or more time to hang out with Penny and Kayla.

When Stars Hollow's annual Firelight Festival came back around, Frankie decided to surprise her family and friends. She got off the train in New Haven, then headed to Yale to surprise Rory first.

When she had finally found her sisters room, she knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.

"Hello?" a short girl with wild, curly hair said as the door opened.

"Hi. I'm looking for Rory Gilmore?"

"And you are?"

"Frankie, Rory's sister."

"Oh."

There was a long pause as the two girls stared at each other.

"Is she here?" Frankie asked.

"Who?"

"Rory."

"Oh, right. Yes."

There was another pause while Frankie raised an eyebrow. "May I come in?"

"Yes, sure." The girl stepped aside, allowing Frankie entry into the suite.

"Wow, this place is amazing. There's so much room here." Frankie gazed around the common area, taking in every detail.

"Frankie?"

The girl turned around, coming face to face with Lane.

"Oh, my God! What are you doing here?" Lane exclaimed, rushing over and hugging Frankie.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here? I thought you were at school."

"I thought you were at school," the drummer countered.

"Touché," Frankie said with a laugh. "I have Friday's off now, so I thought I'd come surprise everyone at the Firelight Festival."

"Oh, that's so nice!"

"So, what are you doing here?"

Lane shrugged and waved a dismissive hand. "Long story short, my mom kicked me out."

"What?" Frankie exclaimed. Before Lane could answer, the front door swung open.

"Oh, my God! Frankie!" Rory cheered, running over to her sister and enveloping her in her arms.

"Hi!"

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to surprise you."

"Well, consider me surprised. I can't believe you're here! This is amazing!"

Frankie chuckled. "I'm glad you think so."

"How'd you get in?"

"Uh, a girl with curly hair let me in."

"Oh, boy. You met Tanna." Rory scrunched her face slightly at the name.