A Wedding to Remember

The week after her trip to Philadelphia, Kayla and Frankie were on the train, traveling home for Lane's wedding. Their excitement was palpable, and they couldn't wait to see their friend on her day.

"Can you believe it?" Kayla asked. "Lane is getting married."

"I know, it's crazy. Out of all of us, I didn't expect Lane to be the first one to get married, but here we are."

"Who did you think would get married first?"

"Not Lane," Frankie replied with a laugh. "But I'm really happy for her, and I know that she loves Zach."

"Yeah, she really does."

The pair arrived in Stars Hollow and went straight to Mrs. Kim's house, where they saw Rory, Lane, and Mrs. Kim frantically clearing out the antiques, and replacing all the Christian relics with Buddhist ones.

"Woah," Frankie said, looking around the house. "I have never seen this house so empty."

"Neither have I," Kayla agreed.

They stepped inside, but were almost run over by Lane and Rory.

"Sorry! Hi! So glad you guys are here! Check the house and make sure we got all the crucifixes, and anything that looks like it's related to Jesus!" Lane called over her shoulder, rushing out of the house.

Frankie and Kayla exchanged a look, but did as they were instructed. Grabbing anything that seemed remotely related to Christianity, the girls made their way outside.

"No, no! Under the floorboards! There's no time!" Mrs. Kim exclaimed, ushering the girls back up the stairs.

"I don't understand. So your grandma's Buddhist," Rory said as the girls entered Lane's room. "Why are we – oh, my God. She doesn't know."

"Nope." Lane moved a rug and lifted a floorboard, placing some items in the open space.

"Your mother's mother does not know she's a Seventh-Day Adventist," Frankie said, laughing.

"And it would be a very big deal if she found out."

"That is so weird!" the twins exclaimed.

"Tell me about it. I just discovered today that I am simply the latest link in a chain of Kim women who hide their real lives under floorboards away from their mothers."

Just then, the doorbell rang, and Mrs. Kim yelled up the stairs for the girls to come back down. "Lane, she's here!"

"I want all boys!" the bride to be exclaimed.

"Praise Buddha!" Kayla said as they all made their way back downstairs to greet the new arrival.

The girls stood at the top of the stairs, and tentatively made their way towards the woman when she shouted at Lane in Korean. She then embraced her granddaughter warmly, which shocked the twins and Kayla.

Lane checked the time, realizing they had to leave, and tried to tell her mother that they were leaving, but Mrs. Kim and her mother were doing a ritual in front of a Buddha statue, so they just shrugged and left the house.

The girls made their way to Doose's Market to meet up with the rest of Lane's bachelorette party. They bought provisions, and Lorelai had made bags filled with tiaras, sashes, and whatever else they needed for their night.

The party quickly went south, however, when one of the girls started throwing up by the gazebo before the drinking really began, and they missed the showing of American Gigolo that they were going to see. They then bumped into Zach and his bachelor party, which only made Lane frustrated, so Lorelai convened all the girls to make a plan.