Dean's Truth and Exciting News

Frankie was feeling lighter, happier even, after breaking up with Tristin a few weeks prior. She was starting to feel like her old self again, before all the boy drama. She still hadn't talked to Rory or Lorelai about the fiasco, but she knew that she would have to do that soon. Coming in and out of the house at all hours and not interacting with her family was becoming more obvious, and Frankie was getting sick of it.

One night, Frankie came home from Ms. Patty's to Lorelai and Rory in the kitchen. She took a deep breath, calming her nerves and collecting her thoughts, before she walked in and took a seat at the kitchen table.

"Oh, my God, she's alive," Lorelai joked. Her smile quickly faded when she saw that her daughter was completely unamused. "Sorry, sorry. What's up, honey?"

"I need to get this off my chest because I've been carrying it around for far too long, so I need you both to listen and let me talk." Frankie glanced between her mother and sister, and seeing them both acknowledge her words, she began to speak again.

"Rory, I understand you're heartbroken. I get it. Dean was and always will be your first love. But that doesn't give you the right to kiss my boyfriend." Out of the corner of her eye, Frankie saw her mother's face drop. Maybe she didn't know that, Frankie thought. She carried on nonetheless. "And mom, I get that you were worried about Rory because she wasn't allowing herself to feel the emotions of her breakup, but Rory is not your only child. I exist, too. I didn't come home the night of that party. Did you notice? I needed you, but you weren't there for me, and that really sucked."

There was a long silence, the words Frankie had spoken lingering in the air like a fragrance you just can't quite get rid of.

"Alright. That was it." With that, Frankie got up and walked off to her bedroom, closing and locking the door behind her.

The next few days were very quiet around the Gilmore house. The sisters avoided each other, and Lorelai spent a lot of time at the inn.

One afternoon, on her way to Ms. Patty's, Frankie saw Rory and Lane have an argument from across the street. Just as she was about to walk over to try and break it up, Lane took off and Lorelai ran up to Rory. The mother and daughter also began fighting, which only made Frankie confused. What the hell are they fighting about?

She crossed the street just as her mother and sister began speeding down the sidewalk. She didn't hear what they were saying, but Frankie knew it was bad when she saw Rory storm away as Lorelai went into Doose's market.

Frankie made it home to an empty house not long before Lorelai returned from the grocery store.

"Rory?" Lorelai called, checking the entire house only to come up empty.

"What did you two fight about?" Frankie asked her mother. Lorelai was pacing, calling everyone she could think of who might have seen or heard from Rory.

"What?"

"What did you two fight about?"

"Oh, uh, me and Max."

Frankie furrowed her eyebrows. "You and Max are back together?"

"We're talking about it. Hello? Babette?"

The rest of the evening, Lorelai was calling everyone in Stars Hollow, while Sookie went out looking for Rory around town, and Max came over to comfort Lorelai. Frankie decided to go looking, too, so she grabbed her skateboard and set off.

After a couple hours, Frankie decided it was time to go home. When she got there, she found the lights off and Max's car still in the driveway, so she quietly entered the house and made her way to her room. In the morning, Lorelai explained that Rory had run off to Hartford, which made Frankie roll her eyes. She couldn't believe the fight between her sister and mother was bad enough to make Rory run away to their grandparent's house.