After the Wedding

The morning after the wedding, Frankie woke up with the sun shining through her windows. She stretched and yawned, cracked her back, then stood up from bed, but was startled when she heard a groan behind her.

"Where are you going?"

She turned around, jumping slightly when she saw Jess. "Oh, my God. I forgot you were here," she said with a chuckle.

"Well, that's rude," he teased. "I'm that forgettable?"

"No, no, that's not what I meant, I –"

"I know what you meant." He climbed out of the bed and walked over to Frankie, kissing her forehead. "Morning."

"Morning. You want some coffee?"

"Yes, please."

Frankie and Jess made their way to the kitchen, where she brewed a pot of coffee. They sat down at the kitchen table, drinking from their mugs and discussing the wedding, when Frankie's cell phone rang. She excused herself, then walked into her room to grab her phone. She frowned slightly when she looked at the caller ID, but decided to pick up anyways.

"Yes, Finn?"

"Your sister kicked us out of the hospital, and we can't get any information on how Logan's doing."

"What?"

"Rory kicked us out."

"Who's 'us'?"

"Me and Colin."

"Why'd she kick you out?" Frankie asked as she made her way back to the kitchen.

"She said we don't have his back and we don't care about him. Which, by the way, is not true."

"Finn, what do you want me to do? I'm in Stars Hollow, she's in New York. If she wants help, she'll call."

Jess cocked his head and raised an eyebrow at the mention of Finn, confused why he had called her.

"I want you to talk to her. Tell her that we do care and that jokes are our way of coping with stress."

"Tell her that yourself. I'm not going to get in Rory's way on this. She's distressed right now, and –"

"So are we, Francesca! We were there! We saw it all happen!"

"Finn, I'm not arguing with you, but I'm not going to be the middle man in your spat with Rory. You guys need to work it out on your own."

Finn scoffed, shaking his head. "Unbelievable."

"What do you want from me? Logan is your friend and Rory's boyfriend. If she wants to be in control of the situation, then she should be. She's upset right now because she thinks you guys got him into this mess, and I'm not going to get involved because I don't know what's happening. You guys do. So, figure it out. I get you're upset, too, and I get that you and Colin were coping, but so is she. Rory's way of coping is to get involved, your way is to joke. That's fine, but don't drag me into this."

The Australian sighed, running a hand over his face. "You're right. I'm sorry. You're not here. I'm taking this out on you, that's not fair."

"No. It's not."

"I'm sorry, Francesca."

"It's fine."

"It's not fine. I'm sorry. I ruined what we had."

"It wasn't just you, Finn. We should've talked a lot sooner than we did, and that's on me. I couldn't think clearly after the boat thing, and I took that out on you, which I'm incredibly sorry for."