Matchmaker Party

Frankie was sitting in the living room of her apartment, studying for an upcoming test, when her phone rang.

"Hello?" she said, keeping her eyes glued to the page.

"Frankie! Hi!"

"Hey, Rory, what's up?"

"Well, Grandma and Grandpa invited me to this Yale alumni thing this Friday, and I thought, maybe you want to come? Yale alumni are good connections to have, in whatever field you choose."

Frankie pondered the offer, then shrugged. "Sure, why not. I'll be in Connecticut anyways."

"Why?" Rory asked, confused.

"I'm visiting Finn."

"Oh. Well, okay. Cool. I'm supposed to get to the house at six. And wear a dress."

Frankie groaned. "Why?"

"Because it's a nice party."

"Fine. I'll wear a dress. But let the record show that I'm only doing it because you asked."

"The record has been updated. See you Friday!"

"See you Friday."

A few days later, Frankie arrived in New Haven around five. Because she had the party to go to, she told Finn that Rory would pick her up from the train station, and she would get a cab back from Hartford later that night.

The twins arrived on time, and Emily immediately ushered them upstairs, telling them that her hairdresser was there and that they could get their hair done. The girls exchanged a look, but followed their grandmother up the stairs.

"Oh, yes, that's very nice. I love the lashes," Emily said, looking at the twins in the vanity mirror.

"Grandma, this is really nice, but –"

"Just a little more cheeks," she said, interrupting Rory.

"Shouldn't we be getting down to the party?" Frankie asked, wanting desperately to get out of the makeup chair.

"Yes, one more minute, now. Let's see here. This might do." Emily pulled out a beautiful diamond necklace, securing it around Rory's neck. "And this for you," she said, pulling out another, more simple, necklace, placing it on Frankie. "I know you like the simpler styles," she stated with a smile, looking at Frankie through the mirror.

"It's beautiful, Grandma, but –"

"It needs earrings. I agree."

"What did you rope me into?" Frankie whisper yelled at her sister, giving her a scowl.

Rory just shrugged, her eyes wide, turning back to Emily as she handed the twins earrings to go with their necklaces.

"I have a wonderful idea. Have you ever worn a tiara?"

"Rory can wear that!" Frankie exclaimed, gesturing to her sister.

Rory shot her a look of disdain, then plastered a fake smile on her face, turning back to Emily as she placed it on her head.

"And for you, Frankie. Some beautiful diamond hair clips. I haven't worn these in ages. Aren't they marvelous?"

"Yeah. Marvelous."

The twins stood up and Emily gave them a once over, nodding in approval, before leading them out to the party.

"Everyone, here's Rory and Frankie," Emily announced, grasping the girls by their waists and smiling proudly.