In Omnia Paratus

After their night together at Yale, Frankie and Finn had been traveling to see each other every weekend. She was back in New York and had started school again, so weekends were the only real time they had together. Almost every other Friday, Frankie would take the train to New Haven, spend the weekend with Finn and his friends, as long as they were in town, then take the train back to New York. It was exhausting, but she was enjoying herself, and the two had fun together, whether in bed or out of it. It had been a couple months of going back and forth, spending practically every weekend with each other, but neither was tired of the other yet. If anything, the frequency of the visits was making their time apart seem like a life time.

Finn arrived in Brooklyn one weekend, and Frankie picked him up from the subway station. As they were walking back to the girl's apartment, Finn's face suddenly lit up, and he turned to Frankie, a huge grin on his face.

"What?" she asked with a chuckle, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Okay. You know how I'm in this group, right?"

"The Life and Death Brigade?"

"That's the one."

Frankie nodded, furrowing her brows in confusion.

"We're having an event. Normally, outsiders aren't invited, but there's going to be a reporter there this time, and I think I can convince them to let one more person come along."

She paused, staring up at him. "You want me to come to a Life and Death Brigade event with you?"

"Yes! I think it will be fun!" He was grinning like a kid on Christmas.

Frankie shrugged and cracked a smile. "Sure, sounds fun."

Finn cheered, wrapping her in his arms and spinning her around, planting a kiss on her temple. "It's next Saturday. We're leaving at four from Yale, and it's overnight. Can you get out of class on Monday if you need to?"

"I only have my French class on Monday and I can skip that, so, yeah. I'll take the train on Friday, like we planned."

"Perfect! And I'll get you a dress, don't worry."

"Wait, what? What do you mean?"

"Oh, and the first night is safari themed, so I'll buy you some stuff for that, too."

"Finn, slow down," Frankie laughed, walking up the steps to the apartment building and unlocking the first door, holding it open for Finn as he entered. "What's all this about buying me clothes?"

"Don't worry about it," he replied, shaking his head. "I've got it all sorted."

She cocked her head in confusion, but decided to drop the subject, pulling Finn inside the building and up the three flights of stairs to her apartment.

The following Friday, Frankie took the train to New Haven, where Finn picked her up, then stayed at his place for the night. Saturday afternoon, Logan knocked obnoxiously on the door of Finn's apartment, telling the pair to get ready. Frankie had been up for hours doing homework while Finn slept, so she was ready to go, but he needed a minute. She stayed in the living room with Logan while Finn packed his things.

"So, you and Finn, huh?" Logan asked awkwardly, sitting so far forward on the couch, Frankie was sure he would fall off.

"What about me and Finn?" she countered, confused.

"Well, are you two like...you know?"

"No, I don't think I do."

"Are you two dating?"