Pregnancy, Speeches, and College Admissions

"Mail!" Frankie screamed, bolting out of her room and past her mother and sister. She sprinted to the doorway, slipping on her shoes while Lorelai and Rory debated whether to put on shoes themselves, then ran outside to greet Kirk at the mailbox.

"Kirk!"

"Good morning, Frankie. Ladies," he said, nodding to the two other Gilmore's as they rushed down the front steps.

"Are there envelopes in there?" Lorelai asked, panting slightly.

"Yeah, big ones, not little ones," Rory chimed in, placing her hands on the mailbox.

"Big ones mean they're in, little ones mean they need to marry rich."

"Just one second, please." Kirk picked one piece of mail at a time, looking at the name before placing it back in the bag.

Frankie huffed, folding her arms over her chest, and heading back inside as Kirk sorted through the mail in his satchel. "Sort through the mail before you get to people's houses, Kirk!" she called over her shoulder, her mother and sister following her back inside.

Thursday afternoon, Frankie went by the inn after school. She and Rory still hadn't received their college admissions envelopes, but she was trying to distract herself however she could.

Meeting up with Rory by the entrance, they headed inside and to the kitchen.

"Paris is going to drive me completely insane," Rory stated as they pushed open the door.

"Oh, that looks good." Frankie reached out to take a bite from one of the five plates on the work table.

"No!" The entire kitchen staff stepped forward, stopping the twins from touching the food.

"Damn, okay," she said, putting her hands up in surrender and taking a step back.

"Be happy you're loved, hon. I've got Kit Kats in my purse." Lorelai escorted the twins out of the kitchen and to the front desk.

"What's up?" Rory asked as they walked into the lobby.

"I don't know, it's weird. Sookie must be sick or something," Lorelai stated with a sigh.

"Sookie never gets sick," Frankie countered, taking a running start and hopping onto the desk.

Lorelai went on to ask Rory what Paris had done while Frankie flipped through the guest book. As Rory explained that Paris had taunted her about a speech contest, Lorelai handed the twins the sweet treat. Frankie grinned, taking the candy and unwrapping it while she listened to her mother and sister go back and forth about the speech.

"Okay, I'll go out for the speech," Rory conceded, taking a bite of her Kit Kat.

"Good."

"And if I get to do the 'I win, I win, I win' dance, then so much the better."

"For everyone involved." Lorelai was typing on the computer, but suddenly stopped. "Oh, my God."

"What?" the twins asked, watching as their mother rushed towards the kitchen.

"You're pregnant!" she shrieked excitedly, hugging Sookie tightly as the chef bolted into the lobby.

Frankie jumped down off the desk and ran over to the pair with Rory. "You're pregnant?"

"I'm pregnant!"