Shakespeare and a Feast

Rory was doing Shakespeare at Chilton and had to work with an overbearing and authoritarian Paris as director, as well as Madeline and Louise. Tristin also joined their group and would be playing Romeo opposite Rory's Juliet in the death scene, much to her displeasure. The only reason Frankie knew any of this was because she overheard Rory freaking out to Lorelai about the predicament because their rehearsal had been moved to Stars Hollow. She had never told Dean about the kiss between herself and Tristin, and Rory was worried that Tristin would spill.

Frankie rolled her eyes as she listened to her sister complain. Unable to stop herself, she stormed out of her room and into the living room, where Lorelai and Rory were sitting on the couch.

"You literally have no room to be bitching right now, Rory. You and Dean were broken up, and you kissed my boyfriend while we were still together. If anyone should be telling Dean, it should be me."

Rory looked up at Frankie with wide, pleading eyes. Lorelai was looking at her youngest with a slight scowl, almost in warning.

"Don't worry. I may be petty, but I'm not that petty." She rolled her eyes again and let out a light scoff. "I won't ruin your relationship just because you ruined mine." With that, Frankie turned on her heel and walked out of the house. She needed to clear her head and not be around her family for a while.

The following evening, as Frankie was finishing up a class at Ms. Patty's, she saw Tristin standing by the gazebo out of the corner of her eye. Once all the kids had filed out, she packed up her things and walked out just as Paris began setting up for their rehearsal.

"Hi," Tristin said softly, walking up to Frankie.

"Hey."

"You need any help?" he asked, gesturing towards her dance bag.

Frankie shook her head. "I'm okay. Thank you, though."

There was an awkward pause as the pair gazed anywhere but at each other. The girl finally sighed and looked up at the boy. "Look. I don't know if you're planning something, but please don't tell Dean about your kiss with Rory."

Tristin cocked his head and furrowed his eyebrows. "Why? I would think you of all people would want to ruin their relationship."

Frankie shook her head. "I'm hurt still, for sure, but they were broken up. If Rory wants to tell him, that's her decision to make. I'm not gonna make it for her. And neither should you."

Tristin contemplated what she said for a moment before nodding slowly. "Okay." He glanced back down at Frankie and let out a heavy sigh. "I am really, truly sorry for that, Frankie. It still haunts me."

She smiled gently at him and reached up, kissing his cheek. "You're the only one who has apologized. And I appreciate that. So, I forgive you."

"Wait, Rory hasn't apologized?" he asked, confused and shocked.

She shook her head again. "Nope."

"Wow. That's messed up."

"I know."

"Tristin! Get a move on!" Paris called out from the studio, waving frantically at Tristin.

"I guess I should go."

Frankie chuckled and nodded. "Good luck."

"Thanks." Tristin made his way over to the studio, but then turned around and called out to Frankie. "Are you coming tomorrow?"