Spring Break

It was spring break, and Frankie was on her way home for the week when she got a call from Rory.

"Come to Florida with me!"

"What? Why?" Frankie asked as she got off the train in New Haven.

"Because I'm freezing and I want to be warm."

Frankie paused, thinking over the offer. "It is really cold here. And Florida sounds kind of fun."

Rory, getting frustrated by the silence, spoke up. "Well?"

"If you drive me home so I don't have to take a cab, sure."

"Deal. Where are you?"

"Just got off the train."

"I'll be there in ten minutes." With that, Rory hung up the phone.

Frankie waited outside in the blistering cold weather, then darted over to Rory's car when the older twin arrived at the station. They then drove home to Stars Hollow, and began packing up what they needed for a week in Florida.

Paris, Janet, one of Rory's roommates, and Glenn, a friend of Rory's from Yale, arrived at the Gilmore house in Stars Hollow the next morning. Paris was driving Glenn's car, much to everyone's dismay, then they set off on their journey to Florida.

They screeched into the parking lot of the motel, and Glenn immediately jumped out.

"You're a lunatic!" he yelled, looking a little green.

"Hey! I shaved three hours off the MapQuest estimate. How about a thank you for that?" Paris shouted back. "Who's in charge here?" she asked, turning to the group.

"I'm guessing pink shirts and white shorts," Rory responded, looking over at the check-in desk.

As Paris and Glenn continued to go back and forth, Frankie went to the trunk of the van and began pulling out suitcases with Janet. Paris stopped the pair, paying someone to help with their bags, and Janet announced she was going for a run around the block. Frankie chuckled and shook her head, then followed Rory and Paris up to the room.

"See, a lot of people make the mistake of tipping at the end of a trip. But I always tip as you go along. That way, they never know when the honeypot dries up and it keeps them from going through your stuff and robbing you blind," Paris said to the twins as they ascended the stairs.

Frankie and Rory exchanged a look, and Frankie chuckled. She's something else, she thought as they made it to the balcony.

"Paris Geller, room nine. Remember that," the girl stated, handing another employee a tip.

"Oh, man, look at that. We're right on the ocean. Guys, look at it. It's right there," Rory gushed, gazing out across the sand.

"I see it," Paris responded, handing another employee a tip.

The girls entered the room and looked around. As Rory and Paris claimed a bed, Frankie walked back out onto the balcony, staring out at the ocean.

"Hey, I'm gonna go take a walk. Anyone want to come?" she asked, entering the room.

"I'm good for now. Keep your phone on you," Rory said with a smile.

"Will do." Frankie walked back outside and down the stairs, heading out to the beach. She took off her shoes, holding them in her hands, and felt the sand between her toes as she made her way towards the water.