10 Years Later

In the years that followed Rory's departure from Stars Hollow to start her journalism career, a lot had changed for the Gilmore girls, Frankie in particular. After knocking on the door of the man she loved, they started a relationship. It was hard, what with Frankie being overseas, but they made it work. She finished out her year in Paris, and had offers coming in from all over the world. Wanting a new perspective on life, she packed up and moved to Australia, performing with the Australian Ballet for two years, before returning home to the states.

After being out of the country working for three consecutive years, moving home was a bit of a shock, but living in New York, working at the American Ballet Theatre, and living with her boyfriend, was everything she could have asked for. A year into living together, he proposed, and the couple eloped two months later, not wanting to waste any more time.

Lorelai and Rory were the only two people present at the ceremony, which was all Frankie really needed. The rest of Stars Hollow, and Richard and Emily, were happy for the newlyweds, but upset that they hadn't been a part of the festivities. The couple decided to hold a reception for everyone who wasn't at the wedding so they could celebrate together, which seemed to smooth things over with the quirky town.

Two years later, during a rehearsal, Frankie blew out her knee. She needed surgery, which put her out of commission for a long time. Without dance, she didn't know who she was, and that sent her into a bit of a spiral. Once she was done recovering, she went back to the ballet, but something felt off.

On her 29th birthday, she surprised her husband by announcing that she was pregnant with their first child. After celebrating privately, they called Lorelai and Rory, telling them the big news. Lorelai was beyond excited, ready to spoil her grandchild rotten, and Rory was thrilled that she would be an aunt. They then called Richard and Emily, who had been waiting to become great-grandparents since the couple had gotten married three years prior.

Realizing she was nearing the end of her career, Frankie retired from ballet to focus on her growing family. Wanting to be closer to her family now that she was starting her own, the couple moved out of New York to Stars Hollow. Seven months after they moved, Frankie gave birth to their son, Joseph, and made sure to give him all the love she had and more. The town adored baby Joey, especially Lorelai, who took him to the Dragonfly every weekend so he could be with the horses.

A year later, Frankie found out she was pregnant again, which was both exhilarating and terrifying. Joey was a little over a year old, and having two kids under the age of two was stressful, but Frankie was up for the challenge. Nine months later, Charlotte was born, and Frankie's world seemed to be complete.

Tragedy struck a year later when Richard unexpectedly passed away from a massive heart attack. The shock rippled through the family, leaving everyone devastated. Frankie was just grateful that he had met her children, and loved them as he had loved her, in the time they had together.

It was now after Christmas, and Frankie was in her living room, feeding baby Charlie, and watching with a smile as Joey played with a toy truck, when there was a knock on her front door.

"Coming!" she called, standing up from the couch and walking to the door, Charlie securely fastened in her wrap.

"Hurry up! Your sister's only in town for a day and she wants to see her niece and nephew!" Lorelai shouted from the porch, she and Rory bouncing to keep warm in the snow.

Frankie chuckled, reaching for the door and opening it. "Hi! You're home!"

"I am," Rory replied with a smile, kissing Charlie's head, then giving her sister a side hug so they wouldn't crush the baby. "Where's Joey?"