Proposals and Fights

It was the day after the proposal, and Stars Hollow was filled with bright yellow flowers. The Gilmore's had been distributing the flowers Max had filled the Independence Inn with when he proposed to Lorelai, and it was making Frankie very happy. Walking through the streets and seeing the flowers everywhere reminded her that love was real; it wasn't a made-up fairytale and people could be so crazy in love that they fill an inn with flowers just to propose.

Frankie was skating through the town square, looking for her mother and sister, when she was stopped by Kayla.

"Frankie!"

The girl almost face planted, she was so startled by the sudden yelling.

"Did you hear?"

"Hear what?" Frankie asked, picking up her skateboard and rubbing her hip where she had fallen.

"Lane's going to Korea for the summer."

"What?"

"Yeah, she's freaking out!" Kayla exclaimed as they walked along the sidewalk.

"Why is she freaking out? She's coming back, isn't she?"

"That's the thing. She only has a one-way ticket."

"Shut up." Frankie stopped walking and stared wide-eyed at her best friend.

"Dead serious."

Just as she was about to say something, Frankie noticed that the whole town began following her mother and sister down the street. "Oh, no."

"What?" Kayla turned around and watched the parade that was following two of the Gilmore's to Luke's diner. "Oh, no."

"I gotta go, but we'll go see Lane later, okay?" Without waiting for Kayla to respond, Frankie took off on her skateboard, meeting up with her family as they walked through the front door.

"Is the circus for what I think it's for?" Frankie asked, receiving a confirming nod from her sister.

"Mom, go tell him." Rory was panicking, and it made Frankie chuckle.

Lorelai let out a heavy sigh. "I will."

"Now."

"Why?"

"Because in five minutes, someone's about to be pushed through that window," Frankie said, pointing at the faces pressed against the glass behind Lorelai.

"This is crazy! Why is everybody making such a big deal about this?" Lorelai whined.

"Because, everyone knows Luke has a thing for you," Rory stated.

"Luke does not have a thing for me."

"Tell him," said Frankie, leaning forward in her seat.

"We can barely get through a single conversation without biting each other's heads off."

"Tell him," Rory repeated.

"Everything about me repulses that man – my coffee-drinking, my eating habits. Remember when I called him 'Ranger Bob' last week? He hated that."

"Will you get me a muffin when you're up there?" Frankie asked as she grabbed a menu.

"Okay. God. Fine." Lorelai closed her menu and stood up, walking over to the counter.