The First Performance

A few months later, Frankie was debuting at the ballet. She wasn't aware of a lot of what had happened in Stars Hollow because Lorelai hadn't wanted to burden her. Every time they talked, Lorelai would say everything was fine at home, deciding against mentioning that the marriage between her and Christopher was over.

Because Frankie had no idea about the impending divorce, she sent an invite to both Lorelai and Christopher in Stars Hollow, inviting them to the show. She also sent an invitation to Rory and Logan, her grandparents, Finn and Colin, her roommates, and Jess. Frankie wasn't expecting everyone to show up, but she felt that the invitation would show how much she missed the most important people in her life.

Two weeks before her debut, Frankie began receiving calls and letters from her invited guests. Emily and Richard were thrilled, and would be attending the performance. Penny, Jacqueline, and Kayla called to tell her that, although they wouldn't be able to fly out, they were rooting for her and knew she would be amazing. Rory and Logan said that they couldn't come, but wished her luck, and Lorelai and Christopher called separately, saying they were too busy, but were thinking of her.

As the big day approached, Frankie still hadn't heard from Colin, Finn, or Jess. She was becoming somewhat anxious, thinking that they maybe hadn't received the invites. She was walking home from the ballet one evening after rehearsal, when she vaguely heard her name being shouted in the distance.

Frankie spun around, trying to find the source of the voice, when she spotted two figures running towards her, waving their arms wildly. She shielded her eyes from the sun, trying to get a better glimpse of who was barreling down the narrow street. Her face broke out in a wide smile when she finally saw who the two people were.

"Oh, my God! You're here!" she shrieked, running towards her friends.

Colin and Finn grinned, embracing Frankie in a tight hug. When they pulled apart, Finn grabbed Frankie and picked her up, spinning her around as she laughed giddily.

"Did you think we would really miss this?" Colin asked once Frankie was safely on the ground.

"You didn't get back to me, so yeah!"

"Francesca, you know us better than that," said Finn, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as they began walking back to her apartment.

"You could've told me you were coming instead of just leaving me hanging."

"That would've ruined the surprise," Colin stated with a smirk, slinging his arm around Frankie's shoulder, as well.

She shook her head and chuckled, leading them to her building and to her apartment. "Welcome to my home."

"It's nice. You've certainly made it your own," Finn commented, walking around the space.

"It's small," said Colin, a look of disdain etched across his features.

"You're such a snob," Frankie laughed, lightly punching Colin's shoulder as she walked over to her room. "It's not permanent. They set me up here for the first year, and if they extend my contract, I'll have to find something else."

"Speaking of the ballet, how are you liking it?" asked Finn, sinking into the couch.

"It's great! Everyone has been so lovely and welcoming. I'm really enjoying it here."

"Do you think you'll want to stay at the end of the year?"

"I think so. I guess we'll see in December."