After the Vows

As soon as the picture was taken, Lorelai grabbed her things and began leaving the venue. Frankie jogged to catch up to her, wanting to explain.

"Are you leaving?" she asked as they walked briskly towards the exit.

"Party's over. It is so over," Lorelai replied, rifling through her purse.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just time to go."

"Are we okay? I'd really like to explain what you walked in on."

"Okay." Lorelai stopped walking and turned to face her daughter.

"Finn and I have been seeing each other for a while, but we never put a label on it because I was scared. So, in that room, we had just made it official. Nothing happened."

Lorelai cracked a smile. "So, you and Finn are dating now?"

Frankie shrugged and grinned. "Yeah. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you. It's not my proudest moment, having my mother catching me making out with someone."

Lorelai chuckled, wrapping her arm around Frankie as they continued walking. "Oh, honey, you're the daughter of a woman who has had no end of less-than-proud moments. Don't worry."

"Luke was so mad."

"That's because to Luke, you're still ten years old wearing a tutu and spinning around his diner, knocking over every chair in sight."

Frankie laughed. "Yeah, I did that a lot, huh?"

"You did. Luke is fine."

"I hope so."

"Look, go back in. Catch up with Finn. Tell him everything is fine."

"Okay, I will. What's with you and Grandma?"

"All these questions," Lorelai said, sounding frustrated.

"Sorry, sorry. Backing off now."

"Look, go back in, huh? Make the best of things. Luke is just, uh, bringing the car around. I'll talk to you later."

"Are you sure we're good?"

"Always."

Frankie breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay. Bye, mom. Love you."

"Love you, too."

Frankie went back into the reception hall, immediately spotting Finn.

"Everything okay?" he asked, draping an arm over her shoulder and placing a kiss to her temple.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I'm really sorry about all...that."

Finn chuckled, shaking his head. "Don't be. If you haven't noticed, I have a flair for the dramatic."

Frankie smiled. "Fair enough." Glancing around the room and noticing that guests were starting to filter out, she turned back to Finn. "Wanna get out of here?"

"My thoughts, exactly."

Frankie and Finn said their goodbyes, then headed for the exit, driving back to his apartment.

The new couple spent the following day inside, not wanting to move from the bed.

Monday morning, Frankie awoke to a loud banging on Finn's apartment door. She yawned, shuffling over to the door, and opened it to reveal a very panicked Rory.