A Wedding and a Road Trip

It was two weeks until Lorelai and Max's wedding, and the excitement could be felt in the Gilmore house. Lorelai had invited Max to stay in Stars Hollow while his apartment was getting painted, somewhat of a trial run before he moved in after the wedding.

Max's first night in the house was strange for the girls. He cooked in the kitchen, using the oven, which had never been used for anything of substance before. It was quite the sight, and took them all by surprise.

"What fallout shelter have you guys been living in?" Max asked, standing up and looking at the girls in shock.

"He has much knowledge." Rory looked at her mother and sister with wide eyes.

"We shall form a cult around him." Lorelai cocked her head, staring at Max.

"Build a statue many stories high," Frankie continued.

"We shall grow our hair long and stop bathing."

"Please, don't do any of that," Max begged jokingly.

The twins set up for dinner with their mother and future step-father in the living room, popping in a movie to watch as they ate. They enjoyed their time together, talking and joking throughout the movie. When it was time to sleep, everyone said goodnight, and the twins cleaned up while Max and Lorelai went to bed.

The following morning, Frankie got up earlier than everyone else, made her way to Luke's, then over to Ms. Patty's. She was working all day at the studio, so she couldn't join her family and Max for breakfast. She did, however, see a fight between Luke and Taylor about the first traffic light installation on one of her breaks. Frankie laughed at the sight. The two men couldn't get along to save their lives.

That night, Lorelai, Max, Rory and Dean went on a double date. Frankie opted out of joining them for dinner, not wanting to be a fifth wheel, so she stayed at Ms. Patty's to work on her recital piece. She still wasn't quite happy with it, and she wasn't sure why.

She finally made her way home after midnight, entering the house to see Max on the couch.

"Hey," she greeted, startling him from his thoughts.

"Where have you been?" Max asked, annoyance laced in his tone.

"Uh, I was at Ms. Patty's. I thought I told you guys that I was going there tonight," Frankie said, slightly confused.

"It's past midnight."

Frankie nodded, eyebrows furrowed. "Yeah."

"Why are you home so late?"

"I'm sorry, did I miss something? Was I supposed to be home early tonight?"

Max sighed, running a hand over his face. "No, I'm sorry. Your mother and I got into an argument and I'm taking it out on you. Go to bed, I'll see you in the morning."

"You wanna talk about it?"

He shook his head, a small smile on his face. "Thanks, though."

"Okay. Goodnight, Max."

"Goodnight, Frankie."

It was the night of Lorelai's bachelorette party, and all the guests were standing in line outside a club.

"They're never gonna let us in," Frankie muttered.

"They will let you in," Lorelai exclaimed, lightly smacking her daughter's arm.