Artemis

Jiang Cheng never understood why his shixiong stayed with him that long, he confessed that he thought straight after Sunshot campaign, Lan Wangji would whisk him away into Cloud Recesses, Jiang Cheng wouldn't be too surprise. 

Technically it did happen, Sixteen years later. But that's not what he's going to stress about. What he is going to stress about is the song that he heard yesterday, it sounds like a melody from Cloud Recesses and he cannot put a finger on it.

He sits down in the back of the room, a frown forms on his face as he hears the melody start again. The performer wears a mask, and rather simple robes yet he feels like he has known his voice for a very long time.

"What would you do when he drinks the sea , drown him in sorrow or let him be free? when he's upset...all of his heart is cold." Jiang Cheng swears this voice is familiar.

"What would you do when he eats the moon, make him return it or give him a spoon? when he is full...all of his heart is warm" and for a minute the performer seemed to be staring at him.

"The mother made us a savage daughter who never begs for forgiveness...I always wondered why they all, came back for more..."

" What would you do when he takes your throne, beg him for power or throw him a bone? All that he has traded for love... Is yours... " The sect leader froze as he recalls something.

" What would you do when he takes off his clothes, crave for his body or touch his soul when you're alone dreaming of her...you sigh..." It's Lan Xichen, the one who is singing is Lan Xichen.

" The gods has made us our virgin hunter who in that sun war becomes stillness, I always wondered why I always came back for more...came back for more."

Jiang Cheng is feels surprised by this, and at the end their eyes meet once more, the spectators had cheered. But Jiang Cheng felt a wave of sadness... He understands the song...

The sect leader spends his evening crying.