when the storm hits...

This is a Jiang centric fic

Don't read if you don't like Zhancheng or Chengxian these relationships are implied.

It's short.

"Jiang Wanyin has always been on everyone's mind, I suppose" a voice is heard followed by a clink of cups.

"He's a good friend...lover..." a next one and a cackle from the fire, the two men shifted their heads to a tent.

"Wangji, You were is first everything...how am I supposed to think about that?"

"He chose me but he only had eyes for you, Xichen" Wangji responds.

"He will still chose you" Xichen shoots back with a glare "Even if he broke up with you sixteen years after"

Lan Wangji falls silent and turned his gaze to the fire, in a trance. "You put flowers in his hair and seduce him to your bed...for sleep."

Lan Xichen shook his head slightly "no that was Childe Wei, he would braid his hair with roses and lotuses...I would call him Wanyin"

A moment of silence, it feels suffocating

"He's afraid of thunder. He loves the rain but he's afraid of the thunder" Wangji is turning back to the tent, he pauses "If Wei Ying didn't come back..." He trails off but they both know the question.

The silent question will he still choose me?

Lan Xichen frowns, it stings, he was the one who fell for the Jiang first...yet Wangji had snatched him from his hands the first time, he glares at his brother as much as he loves Wangji...he doesn't want his Wanyin slip from his fingers again. "careful now Wangji it's my wife we are talking about"

"I wouldn't mind challenging you if you think about deserting Jiang Wanyin for that hypocrite Jin Guanyao" Lan Wangji bows to his brother and made his way to the tent, Lan Xichen follows the urge to punch his brother is evident.

"Wanyin...were you awake?" Lan Wangji asked knowing the obivious.

the male dressed in purple is looking at both males, starry eyed, he sees Lan Xichen  and bites his lip.

"I shouldn't have...I shouldn't have went to the guest teachings in Cloud Recesses"