A letter to Sect leader Lan Jingyi

Dear Sect leader Jingyi,

This is the first letter that I have written to you... there's a series of them all over hanshi and cloud recesses. Can you find the hint of location of the second one in this letter?

Do you remember when you were just a teen?

You asked me how can someone love another unconditionally and stay loving them forever.

At that time I did not have the answer and simply pointed out my brother's love to Childe Wei...

But now I know the feeling... it's so painful yet feels so right...

You see, I once fell in love, it was summer. I was about your age back then, and Grandmaster Lan Qiren had left to attend a meeting...that person was your mother.

We were left alone, he showed me a place in Cayi village, a place I'd never known, and I lived in the mountain...

A place where I can see the gods view of the world, it was so high up, he said the trick was to not to climb up, but to got down.

I was never a good singer, or story teller. But your mother was...

I hated whenever he'd linger to start, and he seemed to like me annoyed.

You see, it starts from a place far away from Gusu, Cloud Recesses.

It started on a cold winter's night, it all started when I was a child. It was when he helped me overcome my grief for your grandmother, my mother...

You must be worried, right? You mother has died...and your father is now dead.

I'm sorry, son for all the things I have never told you.

I'm sorry my son for keeping you at Cloud Recesses when you should have followed my brother and your beloved senior Wei.

I wasn't going to write anything to you or anybody for the matter, but you don't deserve that.

I know you'd want to know why I lied about my disease. You'll find out the reason why I never left hanshi after you were born.

Ah yes...my story right? Silly me...I forgot how to start.

Usually your mother would make the first sentence and I'd carry it to my imagination.

Like that story with The Englishman who had a Chinese name and loved a Cultivator, it was your favorite bedtime story.

Let's see...I know.

I once visited Lotus Pier.

It's lakes where filled with ice...and the village was full of life. I believe it was the full moon celebration that night.

I also believe I was 10 years old when I met your mother.

Purple dress, he was pretty as a girl...his dress was adorned with a lotus design in front.

I can't remember what he said...but I stole his bell...and since then I hid it under my pillow...

I'm sure you found it by now...I never was good at tucking the bell in without the urge to shake it.

Your mother, I met him again when he was older...right here in Cloud Recesses...he had a new bell and he did not recognize me.

It hurt, but I managed to get him into my arms, he remembered me afterwards.

To say he was angry was an understatement, if your mother possessed zidian at that time, I don't think I would have been alive right now.

He wanted his bell back and I lied. I told him I lost it. He didn't say a word to me for the rest of the month...

Then problems arose..his family was stripped from him and I wanted to do my best to comfort him. You know, You earned your stubbornness from him.

Your mother...remains a mystery to me, just like the cave behind cold springs...