sorry?

"so what do you have to say now that you've killed me?"

Lan Xichen is shaking, his bloodshot eyes are staring at the crimson blood covered in his hands.

"Here lies the body of the love of my life... who's heart I broke countless times..."

He is crying again"a-Cheng... a-Cheng wake up!"

"He can be a pussy...so now I have blood on my hands, I killed him without putting a sword to his neck"

Jiang Cheng's not waking up.

Lan Xichen isn't alone, his brother is by his side, but he knows that Wangji wasn't there for him.

He was there for his Jiang Wanyin.

"Rest in peace my true love. You shouldn't have loved me."

Lan Xichen is kneeling in the ancestors room in Lotus Pier. He has stayed there for more than a week.

"Say sorry Lan Xichen, say that you would've killed him sooner."

He closes his eyes.

Jin Rulan is there, he is fuming, he kicks the Lan out of Yunmeng.

"YOU'RE THE REASON MY JIUJIU DIED! DON'T YOU THINK ABOUT COMING BACK TO LOTUS PIER!"

The Jin is screaming at him and throwing stuff towards him.

Nie Huisang passes by and looks at him with pity "if you only weren't so stubborn to believe your beloved Jin Guanyao... If you weren't such a cheater...the Lan furen would be alive."

Lan Wangji doesn't speak to him anymore. He doesn't look at him anymore.

One night he passes by Jiang Cheng's favorite hiding spot and sees his brother...

He's holding a purple ribbon and a red one.

Lan Wangji is playing inquiry. He is crying.

Lan Xichen leaves.

Lan jingyi cannot stand staying in the same room with him.

Lan Sizhui is no different, he is better at containing his disgust for Xichen.

"The man that was yours and you took him for granted, you did that, you caused it Lan Xichen"

His shufu is right. He had been cheating behind his Jiang Cheng's back.

He was so stupid...and so blind... Jiang Cheng knew it for 16 years, he didn't say anything.

Jiang Cheng stayed.

Wangji gave him a bite. A hard one after they both achieved immortality.

"You're not allowed to mourn Wanyin, he was never yours to mourn, Xiongzhan."

He sees the hidden fury in his brother's eyes, he can only hang his head in shame.

Then...3 years.

3 years after.

He sees someone looking like him, the boy is full of youth...

He is watching from afar, his brother taking the male off a horse and into his arms. He's seeing the male so comfortably held in his brother's arms.

"This is Yu Cheng...from Meishan Yu. My furen."

He hears Wangji say with such a fondness...

A fondness only meant for Jiang Cheng.

The young male doesn't look a day over twenty.

He smiles just like Jiang Cheng. He watches from afar.

It dawns on him...that his brother had pleaded with the heavens to reincarnate Jiang Cheng.

Something he never dreamed of doing.

He is a coward and Wangji shows him this everytime.

And one day, Yu Cheng remembers his past life.

He is told off...he listens quietly, until something slaps him back in.

"Wangji and I are getting married, then we're leaving... we're leaving, he doesn't know I remember and I want to keep it that way, but if I see you Lan Xichen. You. I will...kill you. How could I be so stupidly naive to stay with you? After all you've done to me! Was I foolish enough to think you'd come back?"

Lan Xichen doesn't say anything.

It pisses Yu Cheng off. The