Paris, Here I Come

Start from the beginning

"I'm honestly impressed. I think you take after me in the packing department. Your mother doesn't know what 'moderation' means."

Frankie chuckled. "Yeah, I know. Do you want help?"

"No, I've got these. Say see you later to your friends. I'll be in the car when you're ready."

Frankie smiled at her father, then turned back to her roommates. "I'll call. And I'll write. And I'll send lots of pictures. And I'll let you know when my first performance is."

"Even if we can't make it, we want to know everything about it," said Jacqueline, placing a hand on Frankie's shoulder, drawing her into another hug.

"I promise, I'll tell you guys everything."

"I can't believe you're leaving me," Kayla said, choking back her tears.

"I'll be back. And you'll come visit. I'm not leaving forever."

"We've always lived within a few miles of each other. We've never been this far away."

"I know. It's gonna be weird, not being able to come over to your house whenever I want, or just walk over to your room and talk all night. It will be an adjustment, but we'll make it work."

Kayla nodded, wiping her tears away. "I know. I'm just gonna miss my best friend."

"I'm gonna miss you, too."

Frankie said her final 'see you laters' as she left the apartment, closing the door behind her and letting out a heavy sigh. As she sat down in the front seat next to her father, Christopher cocked his head, gazing at his daughter.

"You okay, Frank?"

"I will be. It's just weird, you know? I've never been more than a twenty-minute train ride away from Kayla, and Penny and Jacqueline have become some of my best friends. I'm moving to a completely different continent where I'll know no one, and I'll have to make new friends, which has never been my strong suit. And I know I'm gonna get home sick."

Christopher nodded, smiling softly at Frankie. "Listen, kid. You're going to have the most amazing experience in Paris. You'll be learning and dancing with some of the best in the world. And, if you get home sick, I'm just a plane ride away. I'll be in Paris faster than you can say 'baguette.' Deal?"

Frankie grinned and nodded. "Deal."

Because Rory was in London visiting Logan for Christmas, the Gilmore-Hayden house was devoid of celebration until she returned. However, Frankie had to leave three days after Rory got home, so as soon as Rory was back, the family began decorating.

After setting up the Christmas trees and putting up the stockings and decorations, Frankie walked around Stars Hollow, taking in her hometown one last time. She sat in the gazebo and watched as Ms. Patty taught a ballet lesson to a group of little girls, smiling as she remembered her first lessons with the woman who became a second mother to her. She watched Kirk and Luke argue in the diner, which resulted in Kirk getting thrown out. She watched as Lane and Zach walked down the street, Lane's baby bump on full display, arguing about something as they headed home.

Frankie sat in the gazebo until the sun set, casting beautiful shades of pink and purple across the sky. Deciding it was time to head home, she walked slowly through the town, waving at her neighbors as they passed by on the sidewalk.

"Hey, kiddo, where you been?" Christopher asked as Frankie entered the kitchen.

"I was taking in Stars Hollow one more time."