Ice - hailee steinfeld

Hailee POV:

I pull my scarf over my nose as I stand on set looking around, we're filming a Christmas movie in a really remote town in Tahoe city, California. When you think of California you think of Sun, sand and L.A not mountains of snow and frozen lakes.

It's a beautiful place and all the locals have been extremely friendly. Thinking of locals a certain one comes to mind.

****

I was walking into one of the local coffee shops in the cute little snowy town we were filming in. We have only been here 2 days and I can see why the people love it here I can't lie. I cross the street and pull open the door as my phone rings, I quickly glance down to pull it out of my pocket.

As I see my brothers name flashing across my screen, something hits the side of my face forcing my backwards as I begin to fall. I close my eyes waiting for impact against the cold floor but open them when I don't fall.

When I open my eyes I see a y/h/c stood almost towering above me with a slight grimace "I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going and kind of just ran right into you" I blinked a couple of times before gathering my self and standing up straight.

The woman helps me up before I manage to say "no don't worry about it I wasn't looking where I was going either" she chuckles for a second or two as she looks at my face. She gives me a smile and then says "well have a nice day" making me nod my head with a smile "thanks you too" I reply before she holds the door open for me to walk through, I thank her and then walk into the cafe.

As I'm in the line waiting I can't help but replay the situation and realize how cute she was.

*****

We've been at the location for like a week and a half now and I'm definitely still not getting used got the cold, I can not handle it.

I've ran into that girl I bumped into...literally a few times and we have had some short conversations and the last time we crossed paths she asked for my number which I was insanely giddy about. We've been messaging back and forth all day so far.

*****

We are 4 weeks into filming now and again...still not used to the cold!! I swear it gets worse everyday. I've been talking to y/n everyday and we've even been on a couple of dates. We may or may not have kissed...and made out....

******

So now 6 weeks into filming and y/n and I are exclusive, I mean neither of us were seeing anyone else anyway but I'm happy it's official

*******

I smile thinking of y/n and how far we've come, filming has been going on for 6 months now so we're really far along in our relationship. It's crazy how much I love her even though we've only known eachother 6 months.

Things progressed pretty quickly between the two of considering we both have been staying in the same town. I learnt that y/n only comes here for the winters as this is where her parents and sister live who I have met and they are so so lovely.

Y/n actually lives in L.A as she said she always preferred having the summer and heat everyday but lived to come back here for winter and Christmas times.

I stay say in my set chair as I watch everyone set up the set a little, it's on of our last scenes and it's on a little frozen lake in the middle of a forest. It looks like something out of a postcard really and it's so beautiful to see.

This film is basically about a young girl who lives in the city that is just a workaholic and during a 'spontaneous' road trip got trapped in this little snow village because of a snow blizzard.