FIGHTING WITH FEELINGS

ODETTE’S POV

Marco and mario covered me from both sides protectively and rushed me out of the office in hurry, I can see fear in Marco’s eyes. I was happy that he was here but now am afraid, afraid of the danger lurking over us. Who would have done this? Who would have thought to blast the whole FBI office with these many bombs.

I see people running around for their lives, pushing each other to get out from here first. I see some are in uniforms and some are wearing plain white clothes which means they freed criminals and taking them out from here.

“make sure, get all the criminals out and get them flocked at a place, don’t take your eyes off them”, mario yells making it clear to his team who are helping with people to get out as soon as possible.

One side of the building is ruined, it fell to the ground as the fire was raging over every corner, some people are burnt and some are alive with their limbs detached which made bile rise in my throat.

“Keep your eyes down, doll”,  marco said covering the blood churning view in front of me and hurried me out of the office.

In no time we made it out safely and just when I took a breathe which I don’t know I kept it locked inside my chest, another bomb blew behind us and we flew and fell below the steps with a gasp and I felt air was knocked out of my lungs due to the heavy impact then I realized marco was the one who was under me and I collided into his chest while mario covered my back as the blast happened.

Mario grunted as marco took my face in his palms and wiped my tears which I didn’t felt flowing down my cheeks.
Sighing in relief marco pulled me on my feet still holding me in his arms fearing my fall.

“Are you okay doll?”,  they both ask in unison and the worry dripping in their voice warms my heart.

I smile softly though my eyes are tearing up and nod my head and feel something dripping from my lip.

“It’s bleeding”, marco tells running his thumb on my lower lip and I wince. I feel marco hiss as he touched my lip and take out a handkerchief from his trouser’s pocket and press it on my lip and I shut my eyes then my eyes widened at realization as I snapped them open and turned to see the office which was burning from different sides and specially where we tied Nike and gucci.

“Nike and Gucci!”,  I gasp and mario's eyes widened at the mention of our dogs.

“they are here?”,  I hear marco ask his voice thick but all I could hear was the screams around me.

“They are inside”,  I cry out loud and try to run into the office but mario wraps his hand around me tightly not letting me free myself from his iron grip.

“mario, they are inside”,  I cry trashing around and a loud blast echoed from the building making me scream.

“No, no, nike, gucci”,  I sob tearing up as my body goes numb and I fall on my knees.

Through my blurry eyes I see marco running at the office and my eyes widened as mario yelled, “marco!!!”.

“Marco!!!!! No!!! Don’t go!”,  I cry and get on my feet though I feel weak in my knees and take my chance on mario’s shock and successfully pull myself from mario and run behind marco.

Marco's speed was definitely unmatched by me and I see with horror marco running from in between fire and disappeared into the smoke.

“Marco!!!!! Don’t go, you promised you won’t run away from me”,  I cry and I feel my heart thundering so loud in my chest that all I could hear is just my heart pounding.