CLEARING OUR HEARTS

AUTHOR'S POV

Alesia held elijah's hand sensing a sudden uneasiness. "are you okay, sweetheart?", Elijah asked immediately holding her protectively as he placed his hand on her tiny bump.

"Yes, I am fine but I don't feel good", alesia tells frowning.

Elijah smiles as he press a kiss on her lips then tuck her hair behind and tells, "better now?".

Alesia chuckles shaking her head as she smacks him on his chest playfully.

But their laughter didn't die when their car suddenly got hit by a truck from the left side where Elijah was sitting.

"Elijah!!!!!", alesia screamed holding tight on her husband afraid, the driver gasped and Elijah's assistant screamed in pain as Elijah took impact not letting his wife get hurt a lot.

The car flew over the bridge and that felt like millions of hours to alesia. At least they are dying together she thought as she teared up looking into her husband's eyes.

A sad smile painted on Elijah's lips as he held his world in his protective arms and a lone tear escaped his lips looking into those teary eyes.

"Am sorry, I failed you, sweetheart", Elijah whispered against her lips.

Alesia shook her head as she held her husband close to her and cried against his lips, "I love you".

Elijah coughed blood and it flood on his shirt making alesia cry more, "please don't leave me". She begged on last time closing her eyes.

"I love you too", she heard Elijah's voice in her head as she felt his wet lips on her forehead before the car flew down the bridge and the car blasted and marco and mario remained looking at their parents burning down the bridge as they were crying badly, too afraid for the consequences the driver who drew them their left the car at the spot and ran away from their for his life leaving two innocent children crying for their dead parents.

~

"Mama didn't die then", marco said gulping hardly as andre was done with his side of the story and there is no doubt because he was speaking truth.

"she was alive, she was out of the car when it blasted and she took us with her to Italy, we were living there, I think it wasn't living - surviving there", marco tells looking with her red sore eyes into andre's and this time he felt him as his family because now he knows it wasn't him who killed their father nor his mother.

"I can't even imagine", andre tells placing his hand on marco's shoulder and this time marco smiled at him genuinely.

"let's get your hand treated", andre said smiling at marco but marco shook his head and spoke.

"I also have something to tell", marco said gulping hard looking into andre's eyes before lowering them unable to tell his deeds looking straight into his eyes.

"I met Odette, actually mario and I met Odette in Italy when we were thirteen, she remembered us, it was the same day as she said accident took place", marco tells sighing heavily.

"But trust me, I didn't know she was the same girl we met years ago who was kind to us, who held our hand when others disgusted away, she showed us how it is to be loved but unknowingly..........", marco stops then look into andre's confused eyes as he spoke.

"Trust me we didn't knew she was the same girl before we hurt her", marco said standing on his feet.

"what do you mean?", andre asked and the anger was visible in his eyes which were showing kindness few minutes ago.