A SINGLE TEAR

ODETTE’S POV

If someone had said to me a few months ago that I would wake up naked in my honeymoon suite after having my life's first and mind-blowing orgasm given by my husband, I would have laughed at them. No, I would have punched them into a pulp.

But now, here I am, rubbing my puffy eyes as I yawn and stretch, walking up to the most beautiful view of France. Looking at the blue sky glowing with the bright sun beaming at me, with white fluffy clouds decorating it in the most beautiful way nature can provide.

A huge smile plastered on my face as I realized I’m still naked with only a white comforter on my body, and the side of my bed was cold and empty. Anyone would have felt bad waking up alone, but I'm grateful because I could collect my thoughts and flash my red face as soon as Marco woke up.

Biting my lip, I couldn’t help but remember the night with my husband. How he kissed me, how he said I’m not the one he could share. That wasn’t romantic but animalistic. Low-key, I felt bad that he didn’t tell me he loves me and he wouldn’t think of sharing me, but when one says that they wouldn’t share something with anyone, that means they love that, right?

I know he loves me. Or else he wouldn’t have taken care of me, leaving his important meeting. And I could see in his eyes he loves me. It might take some time for us to accept and express, but it will happen one day eventually, and I am sure about it.

Shaking my head as I chuckle at the thoughts, I walk into the washroom to take a shower.

After a warm shower, I dry myself wearing blue jeans with a white shirt above my grey lace set and don’t mind wearing a jacket today. It’s pretty sunny and not cold outside.

As I come out of the washroom with my semi-dry hair, I never thought I would see this man today, not at least the very morning.

Mario looks at me from head to toe and wolf whistles, making my jaw clench and I fist my hands, walking towards him angrily.

He is sitting on the edge of the bed with a smug expression, making my blood boil more than it does when I see this piece of shit.

There is no doubt he is as handsome as Marco; their blue eyes are similar yet unfamiliar. I could read Marco's easily, but Mario's… it’s like he drew a curtain on them to hide his true self from me.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I seethe at him, with my nostrils flaring in anger. That wasn’t a sexy thing, but I don’t want to look sexy in front of him. I wouldn’t mind picking my nose in front of him if that would keep him away from me.

I laughed internally at my own thoughts. God! This man is getting on my nerves.

“You are glowing,” he comments, taking me off guard.

I expected a dirty comment from him, but he didn’t… and when I’m thinking this, he proved me wrong.

“I guess my brother did a great work last night,” he said with that stupid smirk on his face.

“That’s none of your fucking business, you asshole,” I glare at him, wishing I had Aladdin’s magical lamp so I could ask for three favors.

One, I wish Mario disappear.

Two, I wish Mario vanishes.

Three, I wish Mario fades away.

Ughhh, God!!!!! Give me fucking patience!!! For fuck’s sake!!!

“No matter how much I like your dirty mouth, I would like it shut around my prized possession,” he tells, smirking at me.

This bastard is getting off by getting on my nerves.

Don’t give him what he is asking for, Odette… I kept telling myself as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in and out twice to gain my nonexistent patience.

“Why the hell are you here?” I demand, opening my eyes. As I fold my hands on my chest, trying to look intimidating.

That bastard made himself more comfortable hearing me, and that stupid smirk got wider.

“I like this,” he said, nodding his head at my folded arms, and I narrow my eyes on him, glaring.

“You know you don’t look intimidating by folding your hands… in fact, you look like a good obedient student who is ready to take the professor’s cock whenever and wherever he demands,” he states, biting his lower lip.

“I’m not into role-play, but I would like to if it’s…” I didn’t let him speak further. He was wearing off my every level of patience.

“GET OUT!!!” I yell at him.

“GET THE FUCK OUT, YOU ASSHOLE!” I scream at him, pointing my finger towards the door in case he forgot from where he came in.

He stood on his feet, dragging himself lazily towards me. Not wanting to step back, but I did when he was coming close to my personal space.

I was backed off on the washroom door, and he placed his both palms on each side of my body, making it impossible to move without touching him.

I didn’t even realize I was shaking with anger until he pointed it out.

“You are shaking, princess… Calm down.”

Even I wanted to kick him in the balls. I wish I did it the first time I met him, I couldn’t move.

“Just breathe in and breathe out,” he said again, his face so close to mine, his breath fanning my right cheek as his blue eyes scan my own dark brown
“Just breathe,” he whispered again, and I caught a faint smell of whiskey and peppermint. He smells so different from Marco. What the fuck am I thinking? I shouldn’t compare my husband to this asshole.

But surprisingly, I found myself breathing in and out as he asked. I swear to God I saw a genuine smile on his lips where he always wears a smug, cocky look or that stupid smirk.

“Good girl,” he cooed, and I held my breath right in my lungs, with my thighs clenched. I shouldn’t feel like this, not like this when I’m fucking married to his twin brother. Oh, Jesus!! Forgive me!! I cry internally as I look into his blue azure eyes, which held secrets. Secrets I wanted to explore but too afraid to fall into the web of lies.

“I just wanted to ask a single question, and you would answer me in a yes or no, no more questions,” he said, and I found myself nodding.

“Good, have you ever happened to visit Italy?” he asked, and this time I saw an emotion different from anger or disgust towards me. It’s anticipation, eagerness, and hope.

But why?

I shook my head as no. I don’t remember going to Italy, never in my life.

“No?” he asked again, and I whispered a low “no.”

His eyes darkened as he clenched his jaw so hard that I could hear his teeth grit. I gulped visibly but this time in fear. Why the fuck am I afraid of him?

“No, I never went to Italy, never in my life,” I stated confidently. Because that’s what the truth is. I don’t remember going anywhere out from my home.

He didn’t speak but simply nodded his head, walking back from me, and suddenly I felt cold. His eyes speak a promise, a promise of destruction. I want to fold myself into a ball and cry. Those are dangerous and sinister. Marco never saw me with that amount of hate or anger. Not even one percent of it.

Mario slammed the door hard after getting out of the room, and I released the breath I was holding in. And I fell on my knees, holding my chest, and a single tear escaped my eye.

“What’s wrong with me?” I questioned myself, wiping the tear away.

Getting myself together, I didn’t think twice to call my sister. Thankfully, she answered my call on the first ring, and her motherly voice gave me the comfort I would seek from my mother if she were alive.

“Rora, will you please meet me at the suite I’m staying in? I want to talk to you,” saying that, I hung up the call, knowing my sister would run barefoot for me if I needed something.

Right now, I needed the warmth and comfort which my mother failed to provide me by choosing someone who wasn’t her blood or her family.

A/N: edited.