MONSTER

"Tell me... water or fire?" asked Marco, sitting in his comfortable chair, swirling from left to right with a wicked smirk on his face.

"Boss, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I have a family," James choked out, coughing blood. He used to see people being tortured, but now he is in their place—miserable, badly beaten to death, and afraid of the cunning game his boss plays.

Marco released a dark chuckle, sending shivers down James's spine. His eyes bulged due to the cuts Marco mercilessly drew with a knife; his nails were pulled out, along with one ear chopped. James's face was stained with his blood and salty tears, making him wince and scream in pain, but Marco wasn't one to forgive people who crossed him. James's body was stabbed with a small knife in several places, and two screwdrivers were driven into his feet, ensuring no animal treatment for a human.

"You should have thought about the consequences when you double-crossed me," Marco said, tsking.

"Please, sir, forgive me. I will never go to the cops again. I will leave this place and never show you my face. Please forgive me," James cried harder, making Marco chuckle.

After coming down from his laughter fit, seeing James all bloody and helpless, satisfied an inner demon of Marco. He liked to see people covered in blood and pain, begging in front of him. That's what he became after these many years—a monster.

"Choose... fire or water. If I choose, you know how painful your death will be," Marco growled impatiently.

"W... Water," James mumbled with tears streaming down as he looked down in defeat. No one could escape this monster now; he went against him and informed about the illegal deal of weapons he is having to the cops. Somehow he found out, obviously with the power Marco holds. He closed his eyes, expecting a bullet to hit him in the head and imagining his wife and daughter's face in his last minute of life. But to his horror, Marco chuckled darkly, making him snap his eyes open in fear. There wasn't hope because he knows how his boss was.

"You thought your death would be this easy?" Marco growled, landing a punch on his face, breaking his jawbone as James screamed in pain.

"Chop this bastard, every part, piece by piece, and throw him in the Mediterranean Sea," Marco ordered his guards who were looking down the whole time in fear that their boss's anger would burn them if they did anything out of line.

"Yes, boss," his right hand, who was enjoying the view of torturing James, smirked and answered on behalf of everyone in the room. It was not disgusting to them, or they were afraid; they were just silent because they fear their boss so much. Marco nodded his head without the next word; he walked out of the dungeon to his mansion, which is a few meters away from his dungeon where he tortured his enemies.

As soon as he reached his mansion, he went straight into his room, which is painted in all black and grey furniture with black bed sheets on his king-sized bed. He went straight into the washroom and stripped down, throwing his blood-covered clothes in a corner and turned the shower on. His whole chest is covered in tattoos along with his hands till his wrist and his fingers, making him look intimidating and dangerous. His body well-built and slightly tanned, which is adding a good contrast to his tattoos, making him look too sadistic to desire. As warm waters washed off the blood, he applied body wash and got rid of anything else, covering his Greek god-like body along with his brown silky hair. After a quick shower, he dried himself and put on a white shirt with black dress pants with a matching coat, leaving a few shirt buttons open, giving a teasing glance of his tattoos.

As he was almost ready, wearing his Rolex limited edition watch and Gucci perfume, as he was wearing his shoes, he heard a knock on his door. He knows who is behind the door; only two people could dare to disturb him when he was in his bedroom resting or in his office working. As the other person was out taking care of the arrangements of something important in Paris.

"Come in, ma," Marco said, looking one last time at himself in the mirror after wearing the belt on his trousers. A woman in her early fifties walks inside wearing a blue knee-length dress with cream heels and a cream clutch gracefully. She smiles genuinely seeing Marco all dressed up as she requested.

"You look handsome as always," she tells, smiling softly at him. "Thanks, ma, you don't look bad yourself," Marco tells, winking at the elder woman, making her chuckle. The atmosphere of the room fell silent as no one spoke a word.

The woman sighs heavily in relief when she reads the text she received. "Everything is arranged," she tells, smirking at Marco in victory. "Good, I knew Mario would finish the task," Marco adds proudly.

"He did," she tells, smiling proudly. "You know saving you boys on that day was the best thing I did in my life. I may never take your mother's place, but you both are like my own children," she tells, smiling sadly.

Marco hugs her comforting and speaks. "You know whatever we are today, it's because of you, ma," Marco tells, breaking the hug. "Don't give me all the credits; I just supported you guys and everything you both are now. It's because of your hard work," she tells politely. Marco nods his head with a genuine smile on his lips, which very few people get to see.

"Today is the day where we will get close to our revenge," she tells, sighing with a wicked expression on her face. "Yes, ma, I swear to God, I will never forgive those people who killed my parents," Marco tells with hatred as his fists clenched and eyes turned red due to anger.

"Rumors tell she is really beautiful," she tells, narrowing her eyes at Marco, testing him. "I don't mind how beautiful she is, ma. I will make sure she will see hell when she steps her foot in our home," Marco adds with hatred.

A satisfied smile planted on her lips, hearing his answer. She made sure the Italian mafia boss never gets attached to any women for her beauty, so she brought every Miss Universe to Miss World to Marco and Mario's bed.

She also made sure the Italian mafia doesn't fall because disputes between brothers for any women, so she made sure they have a habit of sharing women as if they are some toys. Both brothers corrupted many women together, but now she was worried because it's the first time she is getting a single brother married to the French mafia boss's daughter and her being beautiful as an angel dropped from heaven rumors didn't help her.

She sighed in relief internally, understanding the only thing Marco and Mario think about is destroying their enemy by inflicting pain on his lovely daughter. Least did she know she is bringing their world, their love, their life to them unknowingly.