b e s t / m i s t a k e

Start from the beginning

"Hey sweetheart, how are you feeling?" Ashlee asked rubbing my back. Honestly, I'm kind of happy that they're here. Ashlee sort of reminds me of a mom that I would want. And Mason, on the inside I was hoping he was my father, but the way I was acting, proved otherwise.

"I'm feeling like shit. I mean, I really had a little thought in my head hearing the pitter pat of little feet running around the house. I feel like shit, haha. I've said that already" I was hugging the teddy bear that I've had since I was little.

"Well, it'll get better. Can I ask you for a favor?" She looked up Dom, and he nodded his head.

"What's going on?" I sat up on my left elbow. She put her head down, and started to speak.

"I need you to come to the gynecologist office. I'm not going to tell you why. Just come with me." She said

"Okay. I need to get out of the house anyways. I stink. I'll be ready in 20 minutes" I said getting up out the bed.

"We'll be downstairs, waiting" She said. I set my clothes and stuff out then grabbed my towel, and headed to the shower. I took a quick 5-minute shower. Since it's still sort of summer, it's 69°F outside.

I threw on my light blue ripped high-waist jeans, light pink breast cancer hoodie that I got from the marathon run that I ran with Mya. (Grandma Viv's best friend beat breast cancer, and if you participated in the run, you got a clothing item that shows that you were in it. ) And my light pink Vans. I wasn't trying to go all out.

My hair was in a ponytail, so I took it down and flat-ironed the stupid dents that formed. I grabbed my white beanie with light pink "NATURAL" printed on it.

I grabbed my phone wallet (I meant to say that. It's a case for a phone, that is also a wallet) and headed downstairs. "I'm ready" I stood behind them, while they were on the couch watching TV.

"Do you want to take separate cars?" Ashlee said standing up. I nodded my head, and got the keys from the bowl by the front door.

I hopped in my car, and they hopped in his. We got there in 10 minutes. Ashlee said that I won't be charged because she called for it, and I didn't argue with her.

There wasn't anyone in the office, except us, so we got called back in less than 5 minutes. "Hello, Mercy. How are you feeling? I'm sorry to hear about the baby" He said throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"I've been better. How are you doing Dr. Shad?" He didn't reply. I felt kind of hurt.

Dom and Ashlee were behind us. We walked into the first door, and got on the table. I pulled my shirt up. He pulled my shirt back down.

"We won't be doing that first. We're doing a trans-vaginal sonogram. So you have to take off your pants and underwear. Do you have any questions?" He asked. He pulled out a stick with a condom on it.

"Nah, I just want to hurry up and get this over with" I took off my pants and panties, then got back on the table. I held my legs up, and he inserted the stick in me.

"Everything looks good, now time for the ultrasound" He took the stick out of me, and I put my pants back on. Dom sat outside the room, while we did the first sonogram.

I pulled my shirt, and he put the cold ass gel on my stomach. I had my eyes closed, because I haven't seen the inside of my stomach since... Well, you know.

I started to cry, because I didn't want to be here. Ashlee stood up and came to my side. She rubbed my head and wiped my tears, which made me cry even harder.

"Umm, everything looks the same." Dr. Shad said with a confused look on his face. "I thought the baby died" He zoomed in on the screen.

I got up on my elbows, and wiped my face. "What are you talking about?" I looked at the screen, and saw the little peanut. I started to cry again.

"I still have my child?" I started to smile. Ashlee nodded and hugged me. "What happened?" I asked

She explained to me everything, I should be mad at her, but I'm too happy.

I'm going to have a little Major or Marjae running around.

************

Lucas is still going to be in the story. Him and Mercy, won't be together though. Their going to be friends. I don't want this book to be a cliche. There's too many of them out there.

Next update Monday

VOTE AND COMMENT!!

************