Trail 2 - 23 : Dispute

┏━━━━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━━━━┓

• Hoaqin •

┗━━━━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━━━━┛

"It's frightening, don't you think?"

Elias looked at Vior, who was sitting peacefully in her chair with glasses on the bridge of her nose. Her medium-length hair was in a messy bun, and her violet eyes were flickering as they reflected the recording she was watching in the observer. The recording of the former test that took place on the previous floor continuously played.

It has been a month since the incident that took place in the train city. The Hell Train that departed earlier than expected caused the mass to complain to the higher-ups, but it was disregarded with a light punishment. For Vior, the punishment that was granted did not fit the lenient behavior that came from them. Since then, the Hell Train has been labeled as being hijacked by the FUG.

"This is worse than I anticipated." However, each one of them was the least of her concerns. Right now, the one thing she prioritizes is the flow of her strategy and Baam's condition.

No matter how she looks at it, the power remains unstable after a proper rest. It overwhelmed Baam's body, which cannot accept those tremendous amounts of powers that were residing inside of him. The thorn wasn't activated, but his power has insignificantly grown stronger during the last match, and it worried Vior a bit.

'What's wrong, Baam? What's happening with you?'

Vior kept watching the replay of the last game, and she was glad she had borrowed her teammate's observer before they left. With the help of her observer, she was able to use its function to show how the data from Baam from the last test looked. It proved to be helpful, especially since she was required to analyze his condition.

"His reaction speed reminded me of yours," Elias commented, peering at the recording.

That's the exact reason why she feels bothered by it. It is physically impossible to control a reflex. Instead, a reflex happens because of instinct and knowledge of what is going on around you. It's the equivalent of striking someone out of reaction after being startled in the middle of nowhere by someone. Nonetheless, the prerequisite that needed to be met was awareness of the subject and object that were in our spatial area.