Trail 2 - 5 : Enemy

┏━━━━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━━━━┓

• A Game

┗━━━━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━━━━┛

"A new slayer has been born!" With a brilliant smile, Xia Xia exclaimed at the top of her lungs

"A new slayer has been born!" With a brilliant smile, Xia Xia exclaimed at the top of her lungs. Soon after, a crimson explosion happened on the Hand of Arlen, causing immense damage. "Rejoice! It has begun!!"

"No...!!" Viole struggles against the confinement that restrains him. The boulders rose up and tried to prevent him from moving, attempting to kill a former teammate in front of him — right in front of his eyes.

"Mr. Khun!!"

'...Baam?!'

Khun could identify that voice from anywhere; it was clear from his voice and the way he addressed him. It was a long-forgotten voice, one he knew was long gone from this world. He paused in his place, his mind racing in all directions. It had no choice but to pile problem after problem after problem.

"Run away, Mr. Khun!! It's a trap!" The desperation in his voice circulated throughout the arena. The rumble of this place didn't stop his frantic yell, his obvious concern, or how those eyes filled with nothing but anxiety. He had done everything this organization wanted, so why did they not fulfill their end of the bargain?

"Run away!! Now!!"

Those voices are familiar to Khun. The voice of a former teammate who was said to have died in the past and the one that brought many changes into somebody else's life by its mere existence — that's how impactful the memory has become and how long it will last for all eternity when the time comes.

Khun may have failed to hide his astonishment, but he never failed to hear what the slayer said next. The words that come out of his lips almost serve like a chant, a prayer for those who are watching them, the ones that are capable of overturning this entire situation and lending them a hand.

"EPHI!!"

Khun sapphire eyes flash momentarily at the sight that appears in front of him. The ground beneath him shattered, creating a crater that caused him to fall there and snap out of his daze. It was in that moment that he thought it was the end for him — the life that was granted and the revenge that could not be taken.